Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First Images From New DC Nation Shows Beware The Batman And Teen Titans Go!

Administrator

Default First Images From New DC Nation Shows Beware The Batman And Teen Titans Go!

Let's be absolutely clear, the exclamation mark in the headline is part of the show's title and nothing to do with me. I hate the bloody things!

Courtesy of Warner Bros. Consumer Products, here are the first official in-show images from Beware the Batman and Teen Titans Go!, a pair of DC Nation shows that we'll be seeing later in the year.

First up, here are Mister Toad and Professor Pyg, criminal nemeses of the Batman.

Professor Pyg... Mister Toad... Batman... I think I get the pattern. I can even make up a few of my own: Doctor Elk, Captain Stoat, The Right Honorable Rattlesnake.

And now, meet the new DC Nation Teen Titans, same as the old DC Nation Teen Titans.

VP in Charge of Cool bewareofgeek's Avatar

Both Toad and Pyg are Morrison creations.

Mario Di Giacomo

Consultant of Cool

Is anyone else curious as to how Anthony Ruivivar landed the role of Bruce Wayne/Batman. I mean, he's a good actor. I watched him for 6 seasons on the Third Watch. I like him, but in his 19 years as an actor, he doesn't have any credited voice-over roles. None.

So how does a screen actor who has never voiced an animated character get hired to voice one of the most famous animated superheroes on TV? That has to be a coveted role that numerous voice actors were after. So how does someone who has never done it before win the role? Why would someone who has never done voice work even try out for the lead role in an animated series, much less for the role of Batman?

Does anyone know of an interview with the actor or producers about the show?
    Last edited by kenny38606; 02-02-2013 at 05:31 PM.

Exceedingly Cool

I have a feeling that Teen Titans Go is going to be a huge bomb. Why produce this crap and cancel Young Justice?

A half hour Super Best Friends Forever would be much much better.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by kenny38606 View Post
    Is anyone else curious as to how Anthony Ruivivar landed the role of Bruce Wayne/Batman. I mean, he's a good actor. I watched him for 6 seasons on the Third Watch. I like him, but in his 19 years as an actor, he doesn't have any credited voice-over roles. None.

So how does a screen actor who has never voiced an animated character get hired to voice one of the most famous animated superheroes on TV? That has to be a coveted role that numerous voice actors were after. So how does someone who has never done it before win the role? Why would someone who has never done voice work even try out for the lead role in an animated series, much less for the role of Batman?

I imagine it went something like this:

1. He told his agent he was open to other types of work, including voiceover work.
    2. His agent heard about the Batman gig and sent him over to audition.
    3. He auditioned, and the casting director liked his voice and hired him.

Wrote the Book on Cool

It certainly looks cheaper to produce. Goodbye DC Nation, I'm out when the shows change.
    Last edited by Man; 02-02-2013 at 08:29 PM.

Wrote the Book on Cool GreenCatcher's Avatar

You know I was kid when the Teen Titans cartoon originally aired and I loved a lot. It was a fun cartoon with great adventures and cool action and I have plenty of great memories of it but I really don't understand why would you chibify a cartoon that was already heavily influenced by japanese animation. Hell they had a whole animated movie of them having an adventure in Japan. It just raises to many questions.
    "They used to call the devil the father of lies. But for someone whose sin is meant to be pride, you'd think that lying would leave something of a sour taste. So my theory is that when the devil wants to get something out of you, he doesn't lie at all. He tells you the exact, literal truth. And he lets you find your own way to hell." Mr. Easterman

Wrote the Book on Cool

They chibi-fy it to make it even cheaper. Next season, it will be stick figures.

Wrote the Book on Cool

I'm meh on Titans but that still for Batman looks good. I always thought Pyg was one of Morrison's more f'ed up creations though.

Dean of Cool University Irving_Braxiatel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kenny38606 View Post

What does he look like? Been a tin dog's age since I saw Third Watch.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast