Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guillermo Del Toro's DC Movie Dark Universe Is Being Written Now,

Administrator

Default Guillermo Del Toro's DC Movie Dark Universe Is Being Written Now,

The project was first referred to as Heaven Sent, but Guillermo Del Toro says the working title is now Dark Universe. It's to be a DC comics-derived film that steers away from Kansas farmsteads or fetishwear vigilantism in favour of the monstrous and supernatural.

Better still Del Toro says that writing is underway now. He's working on the outline himself and has the "perfect" writer, somebody who is "very, very good" and while he won't say who, Del Toro says this writer has accepted the gig.

The following video from IGN features Del Toro talking about the line-up of characters. Swamp Thing is "a rockstar" to him, Etrigan the Demon is "amazing." He also notes that wants to do "the Constantine of the comics" and that The Spectre, Deadman and Zatana Zatara will all also appear. Other characters are kept secret so that we can't guess the plot - which seems to be a clue in and of itself.

Also note that Del Toro clarifies Warner Bros. are looking to make a "cohesive" movie universe. He seems to be implying that their existing Superman and Batman films are the "foundation" of this. What does that mean in relation to the John Blake/Joseph Gordon Levitt rumours? Are they really not going to reboot Batman? Have they really set Man of Steel in the same continuity as The Dark Knight?

Q: How do you make movies set in a "cohesive" universe?

A: Don't let competing studios have exclusive access to characters, plots and settings that are supposed to be part of that "cohesive" universe.
    -------

Dropping Hulk for this? You shameless hussy, Del Toro

Del Toro doing a Constantine movie? Somebody give him an actor NOW.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Hulk sad. However, this sounds like it could be a cool project.

Wrote the Book on Cool GreenCatcher's Avatar

So apparently DC Entertainment is able to produce a movie about what are essentially complete unknown characters for the general public but when it comes to make a movie based on Wonder Woman, who is apart of their "Trinity", it's goddamn impossible. It's crap like that makes me wonder who is running Warner Brothers sometimes.
    "They used to call the devil the father of lies. But for someone whose sin is meant to be pride, you'd think that lying would leave something of a sour taste. So my theory is that when the devil wants to get something out of you, he doesn't lie at all. He tells you the exact, literal truth. And he lets you find your own way to hell." Mr. Easterman

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCatcher View Post
    So apparently DC Entertainment is able to produce a movie about what are essentially complete unknown characters for the general public but when it comes to make a movie based on Wonder Woman, who is apart of their "Trinity", it's goddamn impossible. It's crap like that makes me wonder who is running Warner Brothers sometimes.
    Its the joker obivously

Wrote the Book on Cool GreenCatcher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    Its the joker obivously
    If only. If that would happen we would get weird projects announced.
    "They used to call the devil the father of lies. But for someone whose sin is meant to be pride, you'd think that lying would leave something of a sour taste. So my theory is that when the devil wants to get something out of you, he doesn't lie at all. He tells you the exact, literal truth. And he lets you find your own way to hell." Mr. Easterman

Wrote the Book on Cool

I won't hold my breath, but if momentum continues and this and Del Toro's Mountains of Madness adaptation get made, I will be one happy guy.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast