Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Man Of Steel Will "Keep Things On Course" For Justice League Movie

Administrator

Default Man Of Steel Will "Keep Things On Course" For Justice League Movie

We're months out from the release of Man of Steel but directorZack Snyder seems to be doing more and more interviews of late. Perhaps Warner Bros. are trying to build buzz ahead of the imminent full-length trailer.

The latest Snyder chat is with The NY Post, and figures in a lot of the usual business. There's discussion of the suit, and of Henry Cavill getting in shape to wear it; there's a certain amount about making this a new, fresh take on the character; and then there's some intriguing business about Warner Bros.' bigger superhero movie canvas.

Snyder says:
    I don?t know how Justice Leagueis going to be handled. Honestly, I don?t, but The Man of Steelexists, and Superman is in it. I don?t know how you?d move forward without acknowledging that.
    So he's then asked if he had any conversations with Warner Bros. about integrating his Superman into "a larger superhero universe," and so he goes on:
    Um, how can I answer that? I can?t really say anything to that, because that?s a big spoiler. I will say, yeah, they trust me to keep them on course.
    And there you have it. Sounds to me like Warner Bros. want Man of Steel to provide a Superman that will not only work in his own picture but will also work in their Justice League movie too. As expected, to be honest.

Incidentally, the same article says that Cavill is signed on for three films, but whether that would include Justice League or not isn't clear. By comparison, those nine-movie Marvel deals do seem so much more sensible, once again.

Being a DC fan, I just don't care what they do anymore. This JLA movie has been on the deck for years now, and knowing Warner/DC they will absolutely screw it up. In my opinion, DC/Warner have the better array of characters and stories and yet...they can't put out a decent DC movie if it doesn't have Batman or Dark Knight in the title. So, Not really looking forward to Man Of Steel. And Snyder acting like "Oh, don't want to spoil the spoilers"...I don't think no one cares. Green Lantern anyone? Where is a Flash movie? Wonder Woman too hard to make? Green Arrow, Martian Manhunter? These are all not hard movie tent poles to create, yet DC/Warner can't get their act together. This from a company (WB) that's been around for like...oh 90 years making films?
    For the best in comic book creator video interviews, go to www.metalmachine.net

Captain Cool

I honestly would just love to see more solo trilogies. I'll take Dark Knight Trilogy is basically a modern classic. I'd like to see Man of Steel be the first installment of Superman's own modern classic trilogy, not hamfisted into Justice League.

Wrote the Book on Cool

They should at least do something like have Steve Amell cameo in MOS as Oliver Queen. Seems to me like they'd have one up on Marvel by having an archer with an actual backstory and characterization already in place when they finally start shooting a Justice League movie.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by metalmachine View Post
    Being a DC fan, I just don't care what they do anymore. This JLA movie has been on the deck for years now, and knowing Warner/DC they will absolutely screw it up. In my opinion, DC/Warner have the better array of characters and stories and yet...they can't put out a decent DC movie if it doesn't have Batman or Dark Knight in the title. So, Not really looking forward to Man Of Steel. And Snyder acting like "Oh, don't want to spoil the spoilers"...I don't think no one cares. Green Lantern anyone? Where is a Flash movie? Wonder Woman too hard to make? Green Arrow, Martian Manhunter? These are all not hard movie tent poles to create, yet DC/Warner can't get their act together. This from a company (WB) that's been around for like...oh 90 years making films?
    Some fans have waited much longer for this comic book movie age, so I'm not cynical or antsy about it. Besides, I always have my comics. There are complicated business reasons at play, and I'm not sure you realize how messy big scale movies are to make. It's not as simple as "DC can't". They are hard to make because they involve a ton of people, most probably don't know comics. If you really think it's easy, then you weren't paying attention to all mediocre and bad superhero movies that get made. WB makes a lot of movies and doesn't have a dedicated studio just for DC live-action movies. They also have a different approach and vision. I'm not jealous of Marvel's movies one bit because I find them lacking as a comics reader. They seem to only offer base appeal. Sure they succeed financially, but I really don't think they're better. Hulk as comic relief and Banner with control is as uninteresting to me as Superman having a kid.

Man, I hope the Justice League movie is dark.
    And edgy.
    Cause that's all DC seems to do now.

Consultant of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by AudioPhantom View Post
    And edgy.
    And It MUST be produced/directed/co-written/blessed by Christopher Nolan...and he has to "keep it real" by putting everyone into head-to-toe black suits....and Morgan Freeman MUST appear and give a 30 minute monologue about how and why he developed all the JLA suits for the Department of Defense(I remember it like it was yesterday Mr. Wayne...the government thought it was a good idea to develop a bright red(black) military suit that could fit into a ring....)

Consultant of Cool

In the last Amy Adams interview she expressed a willingness to reprise Lois Lane in a Man of Steel sequel, which suggests she isn't signed for further movies.

Whether that lends weight to the idea of a Justice League franchise, or indicates Man of Steel - or- at least it's sequels will reflect the New 52 Status Quo is another matter!
    @countryboylife - A collection of contradictions, upsetting expectations. UK. Occasional Writer.

Quote Originally Posted by AudioPhantom View Post
    And edgy.
    And fans could be whiney.
    And complain.
    Cause that's all fans seem to do now.
    Warning, the above post may contain traces of sarcasm, or have been written in an environment where it may have come into contact with sarcasm.

My name is Steven Tudor, nice to meet you.

Wrote the Book on Cool Tighelander's Avatar

It seems like MoS has been in production forever.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast