Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: The New Zod Won't Be Asking Anyone To Kneel But I'm Pretty Happy About That

VP in Charge of Cool Devil Dinosaur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon Connelly View Post
    Hang on... I could make myself "better" by getting more knowledge of comics or caring more about them? Surely comics have nothing to do with how good I am?
    I grew up reading comics. Reading comics made me the man I am. Comics have everything to do with how good a man you are.
    Bangladesh and Tom Strong like this.

I agree that "Kneel before Zod" is pretty lame.

"Bow and kiss Zod's boots" sounds much better.
    BELIEVE

Very Cool

Yeah. The whole "Kneel before Zod" thing has been used enough over the years. And it's got Terrence Stamp written all over it; don't get me wrong, Stamp was awesome but that line really belongs to him. I want to see Shannon bring his own unique approach to the character. To keep playing on the old catch phrase just becomes too gimmicky ... then stale ... then boring ... then flat-out annoying.

Consultant of Cool

I'm just disappointed they didn't try to deviate more from the previous movies and make him a powerless human who has to overcome various obstacles to end up with the woman he loves. Instead we'll be getting the same old crap we've seen quite a few times before. That's Hollywood for ya!

Dean of Cool University Stevaux The LEsser's Avatar

No one will ever beat Supernatural's homage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEU0BoLbsdc

Wrote the Book on Cool Timber-Munki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bangladesh View Post
    I'm just disappointed they didn't try to deviate more from the previous movies and make him a powerless human who has to overcome various obstacles to end up with the woman he loves. Instead we'll be getting the same old crap we've seen quite a few times before. That's Hollywood for ya!
    You do know that that plot is the same old crap we've seen a few times before as well. Making Superman not super is kind of like Disney saying that they want to make episode VII in a social realist style.

Consultant of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Timber-Munki View Post
    You do know that that plot is the same old crap we've seen a few times before as well. Making Superman not super is kind of like Disney saying that they want to make episode VII in a social realist style.
    Shhhh don't tip off Brendon that i was making fun of his habit to continuously put down established canon in favor of "fresh new takes" from his favorite authors

Wrote the Book on Cool Somebody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon Connelly View Post
    Hang on... I could make myself "better" by getting more knowledge of comics or caring more about them? Surely comics have nothing to do with how good I am?
    Not in abstract terms, but when writing stories about comics adaptations for a comics-focused site where the audience is mostly or wholly comprised of comics fans? Yes, absolutely.
    Comicsfan101 likes this.

Captain Cool

He should instead use one of those catchphrases from the episode of MST3K: Kiss off, slappy! is my personal favorite.

If this is a reboot, does that mean we have to sit through another over the top Lex Luthor attempted land grab?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12