Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Some Dark Knight Rises Spoiler Speculation Confirmed

Administrator

Default Some Dark Knight Rises Spoiler Speculation Confirmed

Whenever the first trailer for a big tentpole picture comes along, some nerd or another will spend an awfully long time going through it with a fine tooth comb, looking for clues. It really didn't take much combing to find one such "hint" in the first promo for The Dark Knight Rises, but it's still nice to have its meaning confirmed.

Here's a shot from the first Rises trailer.

And a shot from Batman Begins.

It seemed obvious that Selina Kyle is wearing Martha Wayne's pearl necklace. And so she is.

Harper Collins are publishing a kids' book tie-in to the film called Batman versus Catwoman, and they've revealed this official blurb:
    There's a ferocious feline in town, and she's out to steal from Gotham's wealthy citizens. Unfortunately, Catwoman makes a mistake when she visits venerable citizen Bruce Wayne and takes Bruce's prized family heirloom. She thinks she made a clean escape . . . but she doesn't know who she toyed with!
    Incdientally, the blurb for their other spin-off, I Am Bane, reads thus:
    Bane is a super-villain with a bad attitude. When he decides to take over the Gotham City Stock Exchange, the city's in big trouble! Can Batman get there in time to save the day?
    The books are published on June 5th, meaning that slightly more info about these particular episodes in the movie's plot will be coming along shortly.

Consultant of Cool

I know WB has to rake in as much dough as possible, but am I the only one bothered by children's book tie-ins to this movie? I mean, the last one really should have been rated R, so I suspect that this one will be equally disturbing--do we really want to market it to kids?
    SMARTASS8 and Rootfireember like this.

Wrote the Book on Cool

I wonder if this is the wrong time for another dark Batman movie. The Avengers is a fun action adventure (in spite of a certain death in act 3) and audiences like it so much they're seeing it over and over again. Spider-Man doesn't appear to be a downbeat film (in spite of the inevitable death of Uncle Ben) so The Dark Knight Rises may not be what people are looking for this summer, even in all its IMAX glory.

Consultant of Cool

Hopefully Bruce gives her a real 'pearl necklace' huk, huk.

Had to be said.

Cool

Ahem, I think you'll find Joe Chill destroys the necklace when he kills the Wayne's in Begins.

17286234.jpg

*Drops mic, walks off stage*
    Rootfireember and Xploited like this.

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Jimvanhise View Post
    I wonder if this is the wrong time for another dark Batman movie. The Avengers is a fun action adventure (in spite of a certain death in act 3) and audiences like it so much they're seeing it over and over again. Spider-Man doesn't appear to be a downbeat film (in spite of the inevitable death of Uncle Ben) so The Dark Knight Rises may not be what people are looking for this summer, even in all its IMAX glory.
    I disagree , I don't think avengers will affect dark knight rises at all. Plus this is last
    Film Nolan is doing . Theres a lot excitement for this movie
    Rootfireember, TGC and ballistikk like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JFleece View Post
    I know WB has to rake in as much dough as possible, but am I the only one bothered by children's book tie-ins to this movie? I mean, the last one really should have been rated R, so I suspect that this one will be equally disturbing--do we really want to market it to kids?
    How is it any different from the multitude of toys that are out there? Plus, the kids books aren't going to have the same tone as the movie.
    Rootfireember likes this.

Consultant of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Liner View Post
    How is it any different from the multitude of toys that are out there? Plus, the kids books aren't going to have the same tone as the movie.
    It's not different. I don't necessarily approve of those, either.

When I saw The Dark Knight the second time, there were a TON of kids at the screening. And you know what? They were pretty traumatized. I don't know that their parents would have brought them if it hadn't had marketing tie-ins aimed at kids. I know when I have a kid, s/he won't be allowed to watch the Nolan Batman movies until preteen years at least.

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by JFleece View Post
    It's not different. I don't necessarily approve of those, either.

When I saw The Dark Knight the second time, there were a TON of kids at the screening. And you know what? They were pretty traumatized. I don't know that their parents would have brought them if it hadn't had marketing tie-ins aimed at kids. I know when I have a kid, s/he won't be allowed to watch the Nolan Batman movies until preteen years at least.
    how were they traumatized ?

Exceedingly Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Aloysius View Post
    Ahem, I think you'll find Joe Chill destroys the necklace when he kills the Wayne's in Begins.
    All (or most) of the pieces were probably picked up by the police when looking for evidence.
    After the case was closed, returned to the Wayne family.

A new string and it's back together.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast