Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Marion Cotillard Makes Us All A Dark Knight Rises Promise

Administrator

Default Marion Cotillard Makes Us All A Dark Knight Rises Promise

Sometimes a pipe is just a pipe.

Despite a lot of speculation and a certain amount of corroborating, if circumstantial evidence, Marion Cotillard has promised that her role in The Dark Knight Rises is actually pretty simple. Even though the following is a wall of denial, you may consider the general conversation to be spoiler material.

Talking to The Hollywood Reporter, Cotillard says that her role in the film is "very, very small" and that she's playing a business woman...
    ...fascinated by Wayne Enterprises. They go through difficulties, and she wants to help provide the world clean energies. She's a good guy.
    But a good guy who, in a surprise twist, is revealed to be Talia Al Ghul?

Apparently not. Cotillard apparently insisted that she remains the good guy to the very end.

So, will we be seeing a grown up Talia to go with the mini-me version? Maybe we won't. Will we miss her? Pfft. Probably not. There seems to be plenty going on as it is.

VP in Charge of Cool Captain Comet's Avatar

Didn't Ra's mention in Batman Begins that his family was dead? Maybe he was telling the truth.

VP in Charge of Cool

No. I don't think Cotillard and Nolan understand. Marion Cotillard HAD BETTER BE TALIA AL GHUL OR SOME BATSHIT IS GOING TO HIT SOME FANS.

Anne Hathaway's Catwoman is turning out to be far too silly to be in the movie. I can't believe Nolan thought that Catwoman would be better than a Cotillard TALIA AL GHUL. That's just too dumb for words.

I mean, how else is Bruce supposed to recover from his broken back?? You need a Lazarus Pit for that.
    Krysmopompas and atrocitus like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Qward-O View Post
    No. I don't think Cotillard and Nolan understand. Marion Cotillard HAD BETTER BE TALIA AL GHUL OR SOME BATSHIT IS GOING TO HIT SOME FANS.

Anne Hathaway's Catwoman is turning out to be far too silly to be in the movie. I can't believe Nolan thought that Catwoman would be better than a Cotillard TALIA AL GHUL. That's just too dumb for words.

I mean, how else is Bruce supposed to recover from his broken back?? You need a Lazarus Pit for that.
    Or Nolan could be smarter than you, have a good plan and will be bringing us a fucking great end to his Bat-ride.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Well, I'm half with Qward-O. I think Hathaway will be great in the film, but I really want Cotillard to be Talia.

In the books Ra's was an environmentally-conscious guy (violently so), so Cotillard's comments make me think she could be Talia after all. Really hope so.
    Xploited and Mike Gloady like this.

Very Cool

"Sometimes a pipe is just a pipe"? Too right: she's wearing Ra's Al Ghul's jacket and getting out of a tank. Why would she admit to being Talia in an interview before the film's even out?

Wrote the Book on Cool Comedian's Avatar

Yeah, I call bullshit. Actors and directors have outright lied about this stuff before. Nolan himself did it with Begins, when he stated categorically that Neeson was a minor character.
    khuxford, _OM_ and Mike Gloady like this.

Quote Originally Posted by toodoor View Post
    Or Nolan could be smarter than you, have a good plan and will be bringing us a fucking great end to his Bat-ride.
    we can only hope and have faith. I believe in Chris Nolan!

Zen Master of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Qward-O View Post
    Or, you know, time, determination, and physical therapy...

Not that I buy into Cotillard being anyone other than Talia.

VP in Charge of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfist View Post
    we can only hope and have faith. I believe in Chris Nolan!
    Considering that most of Joker's criminal antics happened off-screen and left unexplained in "The Dark Knight", uh no we don't have faith in Nolan. Or, at least, all the smart people don't have faith. But we mustn't expect miracles from BlackFist or TooDumb.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast