Thread: Tomb Raider Back In Comics From Dark Horse

Administrator

Default Tomb Raider Back In Comics From Dark Horse

They began in France from Glenat. But shortly afterwards, Top Cow began publishing Tomb Raider comics. Which was handy as game publishers Eidos owned part of Top Cow. The comic was meant to return from Top Cow in 2007 but.. didn't.

Instead it's coming out in 2013. From Dark Horse, written by lead game writer Rhianna Pratchett with are from Nicolas Daniel Selma and Andrea Mutti. Tomb Raider: The Beginning. Starting with a 48 page hardcover which;
    follows the story of how the crew came together for The Endurance's fateful mission to discover the lost Japanese kingdom of Yamatai. Originally intended to feature as the latest instalment of Dr. James Whitman's successful archaeology show, Whitman's World, the show-biz archaeologist gets more than he bargained for when he enlists the help of Captain Conrad Roth. As Roth's unique and eccentric crew gradually come together and share their stories and secrets, the expedition faces unexpected threats before it's even begun.
    Initially it will be free for those who preorder the new game from Best Buy, but will be made more available later...

They began in France from Glenat.
    No, they didn't. Tomb Raider/Witchblade #1 was published in Dezember 1997, the French "Dark Aeons" album (which is fucking terric BTW and I finally got Alex Alice to draw me a nifty sketch in it last year) was released in March of 1999. And I'm quite sure that the German "Tomb Raider Magazin" which featured a 3-page TR manga by Robert Labs was also published before that.

That said: YAY - new comics. Finally!

気持ち悪い

I miss Top Cows stuff, still, could be good. I got Dan Slott to sign the last issue of the Ongoing, he told me the story of how much he wanted to work with Adam Huges but he was still with DC so this was his chance.
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

I liked the Tomb Raider comics from Top Cow, they were really solid action-adventure stories and I recall her mixing it up with other characters from the Top Cow Universe, namely the Witchblade. I'm sure this new hardcover book based off the most recent game will be nice, but I'm an old school (the original Lara in the teal tank top and brown shorts) TR fan, so this probably isn't for me.
    BELIEVE

Wrote the Book on Cool

Thumbs up

I don't know if I want to read a Tomb Raider book without T&A.

I AM excited for the game though.

A Tomb Raider book without T&A? Sold! Especially if the interior art is as good as the cover!

I have high hopes for the solo game. Less so for the multi-player aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Apocalypse View Post
    A Tomb Raider book without T&A? Sold! Especially if the interior art is as good as the cover!

I have high hopes for the solo game. Less so for the multi-player aspect.
    and across the world game publishers feel a great disturbance
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

Zen Master of Cool

I'll give it a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    Which was handy as game publishers Eidos owned part of Top Cow.
    Ah, that brings back memories. Remember those days, Rich? When you used to bang on and on in column after column about how Edios owned a tiny percentage of Top Cow, and kept trying to imply this was somehow some sort of Watergate level scandal, although you could never quite manage to explain why, and so everyone just stared at you like you were fucking mental?

Crazy days. Crazy days.

Account Closed

Please don't waste Brian Wood on this!!

Dark Horse is going to need about 20 of these C-list licenses to make up for the loss of Star Wars.