Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Dark Horse's Hyrule Hystoria Gets 150,000 In Preorders. So Far.

  1. #1
    Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    21,865

    Default Dark Horse's Hyrule Hystoria Gets 150,000 In Preorders. So Far.

    It's not exactly a comic. It's not an illustrated novel. It's an illustrated history. Of a video game and all it has affected. And it's being published by comic book publisher Dark Horse Comics and distributed to comic stores through Diamond, so it shows up on the lists.

    And it's going to give comic store retailers a rather nice post-Christmas presnt in the dark, dank months of January.

    Because I undersatnd that Hyrule Historia, telling the history and exploring the cultural impact of Zelda, has received preorders of over a hundred and fifty thousand and they are still rising. For a thirty-five dollar book. Amazing Spider-Man #700 may be about to drop two million dollars into the market, but Hyrule Historia is about to drop over five million dollars into it. Even with common discounts offered, that's still north of three million.

    Hyrule Hysteris? Don't care, in lieu oif a Zelda game for the Wii U, I'm getting mine...

  2. #2
    Wrote the Book on Cool
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    561

    Default

    Are you sure it's a "hundred dollar book?" It seems to be going for less than twenty at that amazon link you provided.

  3. #3
    King of Cool Blackfist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    17,971

    Default Only 150,000?

    I expected more, anyway looking forward to this. I'm usually updating the book's status on a game site, i'm probably getting the limited edition because why not?
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

  4. #4

    Default That's a bit confusing...

    ... because even on the Dark Horse website I couldn't find a 99.99 edition, only the 69.99 limited edition, which isn't even available on Amazon.com yet.
    Nonetheless, even if it's 150.000 copies of the regular 34.99 edition, it's insane!

  5. #5
    King of Cool Blackfist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    17,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adriano1977 View Post
    ... because even on the Dark Horse website I couldn't find a 99.99 edition, only the 69.99 limited edition, which isn't even available on Amazon.com yet.
    Nonetheless, even if it's 150.000 copies of the regular 34.99 edition, it's insane!

    Quote Originally Posted by OMAR View Post
    Are you sure it's a "hundred dollar book?" It seems to be going for less than twenty at that amazon link you provided.
    It's probably the limited edition (40/$60ish), the normal is about $20/17 on Amazon
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

  6. #6

    Default

    Yeah, there's a limited version that costs $100 but it's not even available directly from Amazon right now. Does the 150,000 number reflect both versions' sales or just the standard edition?

  7. #7
    King of Cool Blackfist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    17,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doubleare View Post
    Yeah, there's a limited version that costs $100 but it's not even available directly from Amazon right now.
    it is in the UK
    Does the 150,000 number reflect both versions' sales or just the standard edition?
    I'm guessing Standard
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

  8. #8
    Wrote the Book on Cool
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    PA, US
    Posts
    598

    Default

    It looks like a cool book. I'm getting a copy of the cheap version.
    Does anyone know of a similar book on Final Fantasy? I'm not a big gamer but remember the early games with a nostalgic fondness, and I'd be interested in something like this for the FF franchise.

  9. #9
    King of Cool Blackfist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    17,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris2002 View Post
    It looks like a cool book. I'm getting a copy of the cheap version.
    Does anyone know of a similar book on Final Fantasy? I'm not a big gamer but remember the early games with a nostalgic fondness, and I'd be interested in something like this for the FF franchise.
    there are several only 2 of which is translated but I'm sure that one in particular (which I really, really need to buy) is limited this one



    This is the second one which came out earlier, i'm planning on buying some of the untranslated stuff of FF6
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

  10. #10
    Wrote the Book on Cool
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    PA, US
    Posts
    598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackfist View Post
    there are several only 2 of which is translated but I'm sure that one in particular (which I really, really need to buy) is limited this one



    This is the second one which came out earlier, i'm planning on buying some of the untranslated stuff of FF6
    Thanks, I'll look into it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •