Thread: Noir City Is Worth A Look

Cool

Default Noir City Is Worth A Look

Hey All,
    What I'm introducing is a collaborative effort between myself (Rich) and my best friend Cody. Noir City #1 is the first issue of a contemplative deconstruction and action immersed story drawing heavily from stylistic and narrative Film Noir sensibilities. Art is hauntingly rendered by Allen Byrns who you may have heard about as it was announced at NYCC that he was collaborating on a mini with David Liss. Regardless check out his work, the praise is not empty. Noir City is an intertwining tail of a diverse group of mysterious characters who find themselves intersecting in a dark fictitious city as they pursue their own agendas, cumulating in the resolution of the great mystery of who murdered The Miracle, the hero of a forgotten age. Will this knowledge save the world from an apathetic state, or reignite a war 20 years forgotten?

We have an ongoing Kickstarter in our attempt to raise money to print the book as well as reimburse Allen for his fantastic work. If you have a moment stop by and look at what we've posted. Between the art and the Noir City Universe related narratives, I think you'll get a good idea of what it is we're developing. So please click below and enjoy. Thanks for the time and any contributions of course!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ity-comic-book

Cool

Hey,
    A sample of what the art looks like. Enjoy!

noir city jacket.jpg

Captain Cool

The link isn't working, but this look cool. Is it like Sin City?

Cool

Hey everyone! Thanks for all the support so far! 73% funded thus far but less than a week to go. Please click and jump aboard if you like what you see.

Noir City comic book by Cody Walker — Kickstarter

Cool

Hey Tom,
    Although not directly influenced by Sin City it's narrative structure is similar with the story covering a location and following the characters that populate the region as opposed to a specific character. Thanks for the kind words and we appreciate all the support the message boards have provided so far!

Captain Cool

Cool, I shall check this out. Wish best of luck.