Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Raising $30,000 For A Hulk Statue In A Public Library

Administrator

Default Raising $30,000 For A Hulk Statue In A Public Library

Library Smash!

The Northlake Public Library, in a Chicago suburb (just south of O'Hare airport, Wizard World fans) is running a crowdfunding campaign to purchase a nine foot Hulk statue.

Oh, and a Comic creation lab with an iMac with a drawing pad, a CintiQ, lightbox and a 3D printer.

The idea is that people can come in and create their own comics and then print a 3D model/action figure of their creation.

Also buy in many more graphic novels which can be then sent to any library in the country on demand, spotlighting creator owned comics.

But mostly, it's the Hulk statue.

If you want to check them out, just click here. Or watch their video below...[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_TVa9qqzFc[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Z_TVa9qqzFc

gnawing hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space

I really don't see a giant Hulk statue as a worthy cause for a library fund raise.
    obii, DarthEwok and Matt Krotzer like this.

That does it. I'm gonna hold a Kickstarter so I can buy that fully functional, life-sized Batmobile I always wanted.
    die-yng, StarCruncher and Cavemold like this.

Quote Originally Posted by die-yng View Post
    I really don't see a giant Hulk statue as a worthy cause for a library fund raise.
    Maybe it'll be robotic and will beat up all the bullies who torment the kinds of kids who like to visit libraries. The fact that it will also defend the librarians from the same bullies is just an unexpected bonus. The librarians NEVER thought of that. Honest.
    die-yng likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike H. View Post
    That does it. I'm gonna hold a Kickstarter so I can buy that fully functional, life-sized Batmobile I always wanted.
    I'm doing one to fund web shooters!
    obii, Mike H. and StarCruncher like this.

That library is officially AWESOME! Wish mine would do cool stuff like this.
    STFmaryville likes this.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by die-yng View Post
    The point of the project isn't just the Hulk. Infact most of the money is going towards technology and books. We tapped out of our budget (budget cuts) for both graphic novels and computers. So its really a mix of everything. The point of the hulk is to get people who normally just think of libraries as boring places that you only use for homework or research to come and see what we have. There are so many people that have no idea we have graphic novels that it's pretty insane.
    Also, kids that refuse to read anything will probably want to read about the hulk after seeing him there.

This isn't taking out any money from people for taxes only people who see it as a worthy project will donate so why not do it?

Thank you for checking it out.. I hope that makes a little more sense now.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Mike H. View Post
    Maybe it'll be robotic and will beat up all the bullies who torment the kinds of kids who like to visit libraries. The fact that it will also defend the librarians from the same bullies is just an unexpected bonus. The librarians NEVER thought of that. Honest.
    Sorry we already thought of that...which is why it's not going to be robotic. Also, taken into consideration a robotic hulk could smash the library. So we're sticking to just the statue. Hopefully nothing toy story like happens when we're closed.
    Mike H. and StarCruncher like this.

Dean of Cool University Victorian Squid's Avatar

If you don't meet your goals for all the bells and whistles, for a couple grand you could probably get Lou Ferrigno standing around all day scowling at people and chasing them down for taking unauthorized (unpaid) photographs instead. Just a head's up.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast