Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Red Sonja #1 Covers By Nicola Scott, Colleen Doran, Jenny Frison, Stephanie Buscema, Fiona Staples And Amanda Conner

I love the first cover. That's Colleen Doran's I think... My next favorites are Nicola Scott's and then Amanda Conner's.

Walter Geovani is one of DE's better interior artists so I have high hopes for this series now that it will be written by Simone.

Quote Originally Posted by TampaDave View Post
    One thing I've been wondering about, I wonder if anyone could answer this.

Why doesn't Marvel own this character? Red Sonja is loosely based on Red Sonya, but there enough differences between the two, that Red Sonja can be considered a unique character.

Was this a special arrangement, like DC had with Star Trek? Or did someone at Marvel not realize this?
    Red Sonja LLC (which itself was spun off from Conan Properties) owns the rights to RED SONJA. Marvel probably could have retained the rights to RED SONJA as an original character, but CHOSE not to. Source: Comic Legends Revealed #345.

Paradox Entertainment owns the rights to CONAN (they purchased them from Stan Lee Media in 2002, which must themselves have purchased them from Conan Properties at some point).
    Last edited by Reaper; 04-08-2013 at 12:59 PM.

Consultant of Cool

Much love for that Amanda Conner cover!

Wrote the Book on Cool CarlosFRaphael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
    I love the first cover. That's Colleen Doran's I think... My next favorites are Nicola Scott's and then Amanda Conner's.

Walter Geovani is one of DE's better interior artists so I have high hopes for this series now that it will be written by Simone.
    no. The first one is Jenny Frison, who's art is sensational!

Wrote the Book on Cool CarlosFRaphael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper View Post

the covers go in this order
    Jenny Frison
    Amanda Connor
    Fiona Staples
    Nicola Scott
    Colleen Doran
    Stephanie Buscema

I think they all rock!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12