Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: The Return Of Quantum And Woody From James Asmus And Tom Fowler

TGC

Quote Originally Posted by KMaguire View Post
    I will announce right now that if they have any intentions of re-vamping Trinity Angels without me, I will be 1000% against it. I should have the rights to the material, just as Priest/Bright should have the rights to Quantum and Woody.
    Am I reading this right? Does this mean that you guys don't have the rights?
    STFmaryville likes this.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Yeah, wouldn't it be great if there was a comics news site/magazine that could interview Priest and get the low down?

I never expected to get the old creative team. Im just happy to see this happening. Cant wait, havent read much James Asmus but Bram and Ben is pretty good.

Wrote the Book on Cool

For anyone that's interested, CBR has an interview with Asmus and Dinesh Shamdasani.

Apparently, they're making plans with Priest for other things, whether that's the release of unreleased material or completely new material isn't specified.

Way Cool

Quote Originally Posted by CeeBiro View Post
    For anyone that's interested, CBR has an interview with Asmus and Dinesh Shamdasani.

Apparently, they're making plans with Priest for other things, whether that's the release of unreleased material or completely new material isn't specified.
    It did sound like Priest was consulted but the interview wasn't all that clear.
    ewokpelts likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
    It did sound like Priest was consulted but the interview wasn't all that clear.
    Welll.....

Dinesh Shamdasani: "Quantum and Woody" has an incredible fan base for a reason, and both Chris Priest and Mark Bright are integral to that
    As Priest doesn't like, or even acknowledge the name "Chris", doesn't seem likely this guy's ever talked to him.
    Snatto, WedShuffle and DJ_Convoy like this.
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.

Very Cool

Quote Originally Posted by TGC View Post
    Am I reading this right? Does this mean that you guys don't have the rights?
    Nope. We Acclaim creators signed contracts before we started working on our projects that had a clause saying we could buy the rights to the material back for half the profits the material made in the previous 3 years. Several years after Acclaim went under, Priest and Bright tried to get the Q/W rights and were told that the contracts we signed were never submitted to a different division of Acclaim and were thus considered invalid. Someone else came in and bought up all the Valiant/Acclaim leaving us with nothing. I've been following what Priest/Bright were doing because I wanted the rights to Trinity Angels back. But the legal fees it would cost to get it back would just be too much for us. I'm pretty sure Priest/Bright are not pleased with the new Q/W, but I don't know that for a fact. As I said, I know if they went in and re-vamped Trinity Angels, I would be furious. There are only three properties that sprung completely from my imagination-Strikeback,Trinity Angels, and Tanga. I consider them my children and would not abide anyone else giving voice to those characters.

TGC

I really want Rich to talk to Priest and Bright now. The article at CBR sounds like (to me) they allowed Priest to pitch as well as others, but liked Asmus' version better. That's what I get from the wording of it as it is so very unclear. As for what Kevin said, that's pretty awful. Another reason Rich should be talking to Priest and Bright if at all possible. I mean if he isn't okay with this, then I for one am not buying it.

And thanks for answering me Kevin.
    WedShuffle, Mike H., Dusty and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KMaguire View Post
    Nope. We Acclaim creators signed contracts before we started working on our projects that had a clause saying we could buy the rights to the material back for half the profits the material made in the previous 3 years. Several years after Acclaim went under, Priest and Bright tried to get the Q/W rights and were told that the contracts we signed were never submitted to a different division of Acclaim and were thus considered invalid. Someone else came in and bought up all the Valiant/Acclaim leaving us with nothing. I've been following what Priest/Bright were doing because I wanted the rights to Trinity Angels back. But the legal fees it would cost to get it back would just be too much for us. I'm pretty sure Priest/Bright are not pleased with the new Q/W, but I don't know that for a fact. As I said, I know if they went in and re-vamped Trinity Angels, I would be furious. There are only three properties that sprung completely from my imagination-Strikeback,Trinity Angels, and Tanga. I consider them my children and would not abide anyone else giving voice to those characters.
    Well if the new Valiant attempts to do anything with Trinity Angels, I'll be sure to steer clear. Any chance of ever seeing more Strikeback or Tanga? I enjoyed both immensely.
    TGC likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TGC View Post
    I really want Rich to talk to Priest and Bright now. The article at CBR sounds like (to me) they allowed Priest to pitch as well as others, but liked Asmus' version better. That's what I get from the wording of it as it is so very unclear. As for what Kevin said, that's pretty awful. Another reason Rich should be talking to Priest and Bright if at all possible. I mean if he isn't okay with this, then I for one am not buying it.

And thanks for answering me Kevin.
    +1. In complete agreement on all counts.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast