Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree163Likes

Thread: When You Find Out You're Fired - By Accident... (UPDATE)

Administrator

Default When You Find Out You're Fired - By Accident... (UPDATE)

UPDATE: Before running the story below, I spent several days talking, or trying to talk to involved parties. While some confirmed central aspects of the piece, the central figures weren't commenting. I did talk to Jonathan Glapion but he chose not to comment at the time.

Yesterday, I ran the story below. Today, Jonathan Glapion tweeted;
    Here's the truth about this article since I would know. IT'S NOT TRUE. #falsenews #whatemail? #journalismisdead bleedingcool.com/2013/02/19/whe?

? Jonathan Glapion (@jonathanglapion) February 20, 2013
    The original, now contradicted story, runs below.

So Danny Miki is taking over from Jonathan Glapion as inker on Batman. These kind of creative changes happen all the time.

What doesn't happen is the way people find out about it.

I'm was told by high level industry sources that Jonathan Glapion was accidentally cc'ed in on an e-mail discussing Danny Miki coming on board and which pages to send him.

At the time I'm told Glapion was waiting for said pages and didn't know he would be getting them. Well, that was one way to find out. That keeping it from Glapion was probably to spare his feelings until he could be told at the right time, but the error made it much worse.

No involved party, nor DC press or publicity chose to comment, confirm or deny. Glapion is a widely admired inker however, especially considering his run on Batman to date, and it is likely he will be snapped up sharpish.

Wrote the Book on Cool

You'd be surprised how many people do find out they're out of a job that way, or get CC'd on a company memo that wasn't supposed to be mass emailed.
    Mad_Man_Moon likes this.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Insane! Such are the dangers of e-mail!

I have to say I have been very impressed with Glapion. Miki was the iinker who took over from Jimmy Palmiotti on Quesada's pencils. I do not think he is anywhere near as good as Palmiotti. I have heard Greg Capullo praise Danny Miki before, so it will be interesting to see how Batman looks now.

I am sure Glapion will find something very easily, he is a very good inker. Very unfortunate the way it happened. Why did they want to remove him from the book?

Wrote the Book on Cool

B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but there's a good reason for this and DC isn't unprofessional at all! It's somebody else's fault!

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by uz000 View Post
    Why did they want to remove him from the book?
    Decision was probably made by someone with a lot of stroke.

gnawing hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space

Those kind of errors happen in any company with a reasonable amount of emails. Of course it's horrible if you find out you're losing your job this way, but it was am error, not with ill intend.

DC knows that Danny Miki farms out most of his inking to his Crime Lab studio right? Can't wait to see all the scratchy million of lines inks on top of Capullo's slick pencils. Oh well. Guess I can skip buying Batman now.
    STFmaryville likes this.

Glapion was "established" in 1998? So he's 15? Well no wonder Capullo didn't find his inking to be professional enough yet.
    juncruznaligas likes this.

shitty way to find out, I hope DC is smart enough to put him on another book.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast