Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Swipe File: New Avengers Vs Identity Crisis

Administrator

Default Swipe File: New Avengers Vs Identity Crisis

They were both shot and died. They were replaced by their siekicks in their titles whikle the world thought they were dead. But thy were killed with a special gun and their souls were sent back in time, fighting through the decades back to the present day where they took back their body, and their role in the world.

Batman and Captain America, they do seem to be joined by fate, rather.

And in this week's New Avengers, we see Captain America making a principled stand.

Against the decision of his team mates. Who do what they feel they have to do...

Only to find himself betrayed by them and his mind...

...wiped. If only for a short time. Kicking off a major Marvel event, Infinity.

But readers still have their memories intact. And they may recal Identity Crisis, in which Batman also makes a principled stand.

Against his team mates...

Only for them to betray him, and he finds his mind...

...wiped.

Next, look for Captain America's son getting up to all sorts of mischief.

TGC

Yep, Captain America had a baby with Diamondback that he was unaware of. Coming soon...Captain America & Bucky by Peter Tomasi.
    _OM_, Comedian, Clavius and 1 others like this.

So, what Marvel are ripping off what is considered most controversial DC and others badly executed story ever? Eh...

The main difference is the Illuminati are further wrong for they don't have the benefit of saying they panicked they planned this betrayal before the fact. Hope Cap ends up being right, he may have been an arse in the last cross-over but he's usually better than that
    alekesam likes this.

So what we've learned is that people who can use magic... are dicks.

And this is why I hate most current superhero comics from the Big 2. Many of today's writers (and editors) need to stop with the deconstruction (which has been done to death over the last 25+ years) and stop trying to write the "next" WATCHMEN. Of course, that won't happen anytime in the near future since many of today's writers are more interested in leaving "their mark" on these characters/comics and receiving critical acclaim/winning an Eisner then telling a straightforward superhero story where heroes actually act like heroes.
    DJ_Convoy, DarthEwok and Clavius like this.

Well Rick Remender writing Captain America has Cap protecting a kid that is part him and part Arnim Zola.
    Peter J Poole and TGC like this.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    Next, look for Captain America's son getting up to all sorts of mischief.
    You mean a son sprang from a villain? Hmm... like in the current issue of Captain America, isn't he raising a ward around Damien's age, who was created by Arnim Zola? That could well lead to a new Bucky in the MU. Not that I believe Marvel is really ripping off Batman storylines. I know Batman gets compared to Iron Man a lot, but Bats and Cap share a lot of parallels as well. Peaks of human condition but no super-super powers, gruff persona at times while both sort of idealistic, like to hang around young boys and occasionally a girl, key part of a super team despite some dismissing their threat level.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfist View Post
    So, what Marvel are ripping off what is considered most controversial DC and others badly executed story ever? Eh...

The main difference is the Illuminati are further wrong for they don't have the benefit of saying they panicked they planned this betrayal before the fact. Hope Cap ends up being right, he may have been an arse in the last cross-over but he's usually better than that
    Agreed about the panic versus premeditation. But this is exactly the problem I've been having with Marvel over the course of the last several years; the heroes stopped being heroic. They've taken a decidedly dark turn and - IMO - it's changing aspects of the characters in a way that changes my view and enjoyment of them.

I fear if they keep going down this path, they'll paint themselves into a corner that requires a little new "52ing" in the Marvel U.
    Blade X and Clavius like this.

Very Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Krotzer View Post
    So what we've learned is that people who can use magic... are dicks.
    "It's magic. We don't have to explain it." Joe Quesada

R-F
    Way Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphic View Post
    Agreed about the panic versus premeditation. But this is exactly the problem I've been having with Marvel over the course of the last several years; the heroes stopped being heroic. They've taken a decidedly dark turn and - IMO - it's changing aspects of the characters in a way that changes my view and enjoyment of them.

I fear if they keep going down this path, they'll paint themselves into a corner that requires a little new "52ing" in the Marvel U.
    I like that these characters have some nuance and internal conflict, so the threat isn't always a crazy super-evil villain. They still act pretty darn "heroic" 99% of the time. If it was all that, I wouldn't care about them at all.

Having said that, Identity Crisis was pretty dumb!
    n8twing likes this.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast