Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Manolis
  • 1 Post By Acrid_Gunsmoke

Thread: A Comic Show - Young Avengers Vs The World

Administrator

Default A Comic Show - Young Avengers Vs The World

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwb-TBFfHmA[/youtube]

Aaron Haaland of A Comic Shop, Florida, writes;
    Hey Fandom! Young Avengers was awesome! The kids are alright! Storm gets a Wolverine haircut. Sam Humphries' Uncanny X-Force rocked, I love me some Puck! Also, Sam's Sacrifice #4 is actually here AND worth the wait!Bedlam #3 has 96 murdered kittens! Masks #3 solidified my new affair with pulp.The Green Lantern books finally kicked Third Army into high gear. The Joker books make me thing Alfred's on that platter and either Joker ends up becoming Red Hood again or Red Hood kills him this time around. I can't wait for Batman #17!

Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

Aaron, check out the original pulp that Masks is based on:

FIGHT THE EMPIRE STATE
    It's $16.99 on Amazon. The full 400+ page novel was a three month long run in the original Spider pulps. The comics are tame compared to the stuff Norvell Page did back in the late 30s. Imagine Michael Bay fueled up on cocaine and Red Bull.

The Spider VS. The Empire State: The Complete Black Police Trilogy: Norvell Page: 9780982095034: Amazon.com: Books
    Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason ― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwb-TBFfHmA[/youtube]

Aaron Haaland of A Comic Shop, Florida, writes;
    Hey Fandom! Young Avengers was awesome! The kids are alright! Storm gets a Wolverine haircut. Sam Humphries' Uncanny X-Force rocked, I love me some Puck! Also, Sam's Sacrifice #4 is actually here AND worth the wait!Bedlam #3 has 96 murdered kittens! Masks #3 solidified my new affair with pulp.The Green Lantern books finally kicked Third Army into high gear. The Joker books make me thing Alfred's on that platter and either Joker ends up becoming Red Hood again or Red Hood kills him this time around. I can't wait for Batman #17!
    just saying "spoiler alert so and so and so" without even pausing for a second, on a video review is kind of, well, pointless. Especially on books that haven't come out yet. Just a note for future reference
    twincast likes this.
    Dr. Manolis Vamvounis
    Leave Your Spandex @t the Door
    Twitter: @theComicsGreek

Dean of Cool University Acrid_Gunsmoke's Avatar

I picked up the first volume of REVIVAL over the weekend based on your and a few other recommendations. Kinda a small trade, but I'm eager to read it.

Also cool to hear you were a JASON TODD LIVES voter!!! So was I! I've been a lone Todd supporter for years. He was the Robin of my childhood.

The issue where they leave it vague as to whether or not he threw that dude off a rooftop (just prior to Death in the Family) remains my favorite Batman issue of all time.
    Maybeland likes this.