Thread: Meet The Screwy Foodimals Of Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 2

Administrator

Default Meet The Screwy Foodimals Of Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 2

Explaining the subtitle Revenge of the Leftovers, the sequel to CloudyWith A Chance Of Meatballs goes beyond the threat of falling burgersto the accidental, nature flaunting creation of animal-foodstuffhybrids.

But I think that's a confusing notion at best - the last meal I ate had both egg and milk in it, and I'm just a vegetarian. Aren't animalsalready animal-foodstuff hybrids? Sort of? This could be the mostexistentially screwy kids toon since Cars 2.

These images from the film do better explain the proposition. Here'sthe first official still, as published by USA Today, and then a closerlook at just a couple of the foodimals.

A fruit cockatiel.

Some cucumbirds.

Barry.

Yes, Barry. Surname Straw? We'll have to wait and see. I'd at leastlike a "Hey, Barry" gag in there somewhere. Please.

The USA Today piece also includes a couple of quotes from the cast,including Kristen Schaal on her new character, Barb, a chimp inlipstick.
    She's kind of a snarky, know-it-all chimpanzee, and aggressive. Samand Barb sort of go at it a little bit.
    I don't think she means "go at it" like on The Discovery Channel. That'd have to be some Clark-Kent glasses-level lipstick.

The first Cloudy was rather good. With that film's directors, PhilLord and Chris Miller, busy with Lego and 21 Jump Street 2, they'vejust been producing this follow up, leaving Cody Cameron and KrisPearn holding the reins. Here's hoping they don't just thunder abunch of cold leftovers down on our heads.

I enjoyed the first one, but it seemed to sort've get lost in the middle of a really fantastic streak of Dreamworks animations. I hope the sequel is as much fun as the first one was

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by thekeith82 View Post
    I enjoyed the first one, but it seemed to sort've get lost in the middle of a really fantastic streak of Dreamworks animations. I hope the sequel is as much fun as the first one was
    Yeah I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the first one. Here's hoping the second is as good