Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Are You A Platinum Studios Shareholder? And Can You Still Afford A Phone?

Administrator

Default Are You A Platinum Studios Shareholder? And Can You Still Afford A Phone?

Coming over the wires, Platinum Studios, the little comics publisher who couldn't, is holding a conference call with shareholders on January 16th with top bods Chris Beall and Scott Rosenberg, and a preliminary group discussion tomorrow.

Platinum Studios are famed for their grand ambition, their ability to burn through millions of dollars on a variety of projects, their drive to game the market on occasion, palling up with Rob Liefeld and Top Cow at various points (before it all goes wrong) and for Cowboys And Aliens, their big comics-to-movie project that ended up not being all that. And they've been rather quiet for some time.

Something tells me that the news won't be that good. Here's the bumf, including the lawsuit against Rosenberg by shareholders, crashing share prices, their uncertain location, inability to pay lawyers, falling apart internally and... well... their desperation. Literally.

This is a press release folks. A press release. Issued by Platinum.
    ?*Platinum Studios, Inc. (OTC PINK: PDOS) announced today that they will be hosting a shareholders conference call for the purpose of discussing the past year's occurrences and to update shareholders on recent developments. Platinum Studios President Chris Beall and CEO Scott Rosenberg will lead the live shareholders call which will close with an open forum question and answer session. The call will be held on January 16th, 2013 at 7:00 pm EST. The call in number for the call is 605.475.4000 and the access code is 936861# and will be open to any and all Platinum Studios shareholders. In order to better prepare for the shareholders call and to help gather pertinent questions, Platinum will be holding a preliminary group conversation this Wednesday January 9, 2013 at 2:00 pm EST. Some of the topics we have already received interest in are: the details of Platinum Studios' affiliation with RIP Media and ACH, Platinum's relationships with outside entities including Scott Mitchell Rosenberg Productions, the relationship between Scott Rosenberg, RIP Media, Platinum Studios, and RIP's revenues it receives monthly from the Rosenberg Family Trust (Jackare Corporation), the past, present, and future compensation of both the CEO and President, the current lawsuit suing Scott Rosenberg personally on behalf of Platinum Studios' shareholders, reasons why PDOS stock has so dramatically declined and is now at rock bottom prices, the Cowboys & Aliens 2 and Cowboys & Aliens Animated Graphic Novel properties, Platinum's desperate need for shareholders help and support, the company's lack of legal counsel and representation to be able to defend itself, the $75,000 bonus Platinum Studios received from Playtech, the current internal struggle and lack of checks and balances system within the company, and where exactly the company is currently located. If you are unable to attend the preliminary conversation then please send any questions and topics you have for the shareholder's call to chris.beall@platinumstudios.com and scott.rosenberg@platinumstudios.com.

Bwaa-ha-haa! That "press release" is a joke, right? No...?

I feel sorry for the shareholders, but I'd say the writing has been on the wall for this company for a long, looooong time.
    die-yng and IronButt like this.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Here's the part that caught my eye:

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston, quoting the press release View Post
    and where exactly the company is currently located
    If THAT'S up in the air, this company is in a lot of trouble.

Then again, did anyone with sense ever think "let's produce comics as pitch documents for Hollywood" was a good business model?
    MattMoylan and IronButt like this.

gnawing hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space

Geez. This is a seriously messed up press release. As a shareholder I probably wouldn't have many questions left, except for:"How the hell can I get at least a little, tiny bit of my money back?"

VP in Charge of Cool Enigma_2099's Avatar

Who's running this circus? Josh Hoopes?!?!

Consultant of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Then again, did anyone with sense ever think "let's produce comics as pitch documents for Hollywood" was a good business model?
    This has been Mark Millar's business model for the last 5 years.
    CammyKnoxville likes this.

Doesn't sound good when you're partnering with someone called R.I.P. Media....

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Hah! Sometimes it seems like most of the comics industry is using this model.
    die-yng and Hollow like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMoylan View Post
    Hah! Sometimes it seems like most of the comics industry is using this model.
    It only seems that way because they are.
    die-yng likes this.

Way Cool

I created multiple properties for Platinum back in the early 2000s, not to get them made into movies, but because I wanted my work out on the shelves for people to read. Needless to say, they didn't print a single damn one. As far as I'm concerned, couldn't happen to a nicer company and, if this somehow leads to the rights of the properties (one in particular) coming back to me, all the better.

Wrote the Book on Cool The Valeyard's Avatar

Maybe you can pick them back up at the bankruptcy auction?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast