Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Talking To Gerry Conway For Four Hours

Administrator

Default Talking To Gerry Conway For Four Hours

Roger Priebe writes;

I love comic books. Even more than that, I love the history behind the comic books. I soak up magazines like ?Alter Ego? and ?Back Issue? like sponges. I can never get enough of the stories behind the comics. And as independent filmmaker from Cleveland Ohio, I decided to put my two loves together. Why not film a interview of one these comic book legends for a DVD? I mean, just imagine if we had this kind of interview with people like Jack Kirby, Bob Kane, Jerry Siegel, Joe Shuster? People like that and those story?s are now gone forever. So I decided something needed to be done!

A few months ago I was lucky enough to sit down with comic book legend Gerry Conway, he had just been a guest at the Akron Comic con, After the Convention, we set up my camera at his hotel room and and we talked for almost four hours. We covered his entire career. Topics include:
    • How he got started writing comics
    • Killing Gwen Stacy and Green Goblin
    • Creating the Punisher
    • Becoming editor in chief of Marvel comics
    • DC/Marvel crossovers
    • Creating new characters
    • Justice League Detroit
    • Some incredible Stan Lee story?s
    • And so much more!!!!!
    You can pre-order the DVD on our Kickstarter page. We have unsigned copies $20.00, and signed copies by Gerry Conway for only $30.00. Here's a small preview of the interview

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlNYELKfD38[/youtube]

Zen Master of Cool

interesting story about the witches coven in MARVEL production department .. which could explain a lot .. like why Dr. Octopus is now Spider Man ..

Dean of Cool University Stefan Offenberg's Avatar

Really? You're charging 20 dollars for people to see a single interview? It sure didn't cost you anywhere near that to produce this DVD. I like Gerry Conway, but I think there are very few people who would find this reasonable, unless it was for charity. To line your own pockets, probably not. I hope Gerry's at least getting a cut. Good luck, I guess.

Dean of Cool University Stevaux The LEsser's Avatar

I thought advertisements had to be labeled?
    DarthEwok likes this.

Gerry Conway is great. His recent(ish) Last Days of Animal Man series was a real surprise.
    Mart, Chiller67 and CaptObtuse like this.

Exceedingly Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Offenberg View Post
    Really? You're charging 20 dollars for people to see a single interview? It sure didn't cost you anywhere near that to produce this DVD. I like Gerry Conway, but I think there are very few people who would find this reasonable, unless it was for charity. To line your own pockets, probably not. I hope Gerry's at least getting a cut. Good luck, I guess.
    Seeing as how the $30 backers get copies of the DVD signed by Mr Conway, I'd say he is in on the project. $20 for a DVD is not unreasonable.

Exceedingly Cool

Also, making money in a slim market, compared to tv/film. Don't be a douch, buy the dvd.
    Also, every site about comics is advertising comics to some degree.

Dean of Cool University Stefan Offenberg's Avatar

We're not talking about a major Hollywood production here, we're talking about a guy recording himself talking to another guy. $20 for a single interview, however long, is outrageous. But like I said, good luck to him. Even if he only sells a single copy, he'll probably still be making a healthy profit, seeing as how the only cost is a blank DVD which costs pennies.
    Jason Alexander likes this.

Cool

Stefan, dude, what the f$%# is your problem? Did you at the very least, go to the Kickstarter page to see
    that the money will be used to print copies of the dvd and help set up booths at conventions for promotion?
    Wow what a douchy comment...Are you a member of the covent by any chance?

Way Cool

I have to agree with Stefan, I like this type of stuff but wouldn't pay $20 for it. I will mention though that if it ever hit iTunes or the like I would pay $5 to watch it (as a one off), maybe more to own it. The market is for this type of stuff is pretty limited, so I can understand why the price point is a bit higher. Best of luck, hopefully it goes well enough that you can keep doing it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast