Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By KyleGarret

Thread: Aspen Announces All "10 For 10" Titles For 2013

Administrator

Default Aspen Announces All "10 For 10" Titles For 2013

Aspen Comics has announced their full "Ten For Ten" line of new comics, ten titles for their tenth year in publication. And with Lady Mechanika leaving ,each one stars a different young woman in a variety of stages of dress, undress, and standing balanced on one hip.

February ? Legend of the Shadow Clan (Brand New Series) March ? Shrugged Volume 2 April ? Jirni (Brand New Series) May ? Charismagic Volume 2 June ? BubbleGun (Brand New Series) July ? All New Fathom August ? Awaken Skies/Overtaken (Brand New Series) September ? Executive Assistant: Iris Volume 4 October ? Trish out of Water (Brand New Series) November ? All New Soulfire

As previously BleedingCooled, Aspen is also offering "Reserved Edition? covers for each new release, for those who preorder with their local comic shop. Collecting all ten will make you eligible for a limited edition poster featuring all ten covers, for free.

As for that Awaken Skies/Overtaken double, Aspen readers get to choose between the two as to which comic will actually be published.

Maybe you'll get to choose which hip they rest on as well.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Can they really have All New without having New first?

Zen Master of Cool

Not that it makes it any less questionable, but Shrugged stars a guy, Rich. Notice the "Perfect 10's" across the top. These are all female characters from each of those books, not necessarily the stars.

I mean, given their track record it's hard to deny that Aspen is putting out a ton of T&A books, but this image doesn't mean all of them will be like that. It just means they wanted to be clever with the "10" bit.
    die-yng likes this.

gnawing hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space

Quote Originally Posted by KyleGarret View Post
    Not that it makes it any less questionable, but Shrugged stars a guy, Rich. Notice the "Perfect 10's" across the top. These are all female characters from each of those books, not necessarily the stars.

I mean, given their track record it's hard to deny that Aspen is putting out a ton of T&A books, but this image doesn't mean all of them will be like that. It just means they wanted to be clever with the "10" bit.
    I agree, Charismagic also has a male lead, I'd reserve judgement until we really know anything about the new titles.
    And I'm reeaaallly getting tired off all those lame jokes recently. (not the ones in the comments, the ones Rich feels the need to make in almost every new article).
    PLEASE CONSIDER putting SilverSmurfer on ignore due to his factually incorrect and hysteric claim that "Uber" is a "historically revisionist nazi fantasy," and that we should boycott Avatar for it.
    Thank you for your Considerations.

gnawing hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space

And for what it's worth, I think you could effortlessly make a panel with the same amount of clothing out of DC and Marvel characters.
    PLEASE CONSIDER putting SilverSmurfer on ignore due to his factually incorrect and hysteric claim that "Uber" is a "historically revisionist nazi fantasy," and that we should boycott Avatar for it.
    Thank you for your Considerations.

Exceedingly Cool

maybe he should take down those enormous vampirella banners before he starts making the cheesecake jokes. I do wonder how Aspen stay in business, even the trolls I see in the LCS aren't buying this chuff.

Quote Originally Posted by die-yng View Post
    I agree, Charismagic also has a male lead, I'd reserve judgement until we really know anything about the new titles.
    And I'm reeaaallly getting tired off all those lame jokes recently. (not the ones in the comments, the ones Rich feels the need to make in almost every new article).
    I thought the joke was quite funny. Also, the all the women balancing on one hip is quite an astute observation.

Aspen deserve to be mocked (along with all other publishers who do the whole T&A thing). I have no idea who buys Aspen's comics, the whole T&A comic thing always struck me as really weird, why wouldn't you go look at pictures of real women?

Dean of Cool University Drew Melbourne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KyleGarret View Post
    It just means they wanted to be clever with the "10" bit.
    In what universe is that "clever" and not "kind of creepy and misogynistic"?

I mean, would it still have been clever if they'd done a "4 for 4" promotion featuring fewer comics and less attractive female characters?

Zen Master of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Melbourne View Post
    In what universe is that "clever" and not "kind of creepy and misogynistic"?

I mean, would it still have been clever if they'd done a "4 for 4" promotion featuring fewer comics and less attractive female characters?
    I said they wanted to be clever.

I didn't say they were.