Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The Bravest Warriors Ad That Doomed Adventure Time #11?

Administrator

Default The Bravest Warriors Ad That Doomed Adventure Time #11?

A couple of weeks ago, Diamond issued an order to retailers to destroy any copies of Adventure Time #11 they received. And that a new version would be coming from Boom! soon.

I didn't find any shops that got copies, but I understand that the problem was an advertisement inside for Bravest Warriors being considered a little too "risque" by the licensors, requiring a completely new print run. But some copies seem to have escaped into the wild.

So... did you get a copy? And if so, how long will it take for you to put the comic on eBay?

Here's the ad in full... what caused the issue? The kissing or the farting?

Very Cool

I have been looking for this everywhere! No wonder I haven't seen it yet. It's for my friend's kid. And it was probably rejected because it's an ad for a comic aimed at a much-older audience than Adventure Time. Kochalka doesn't run ads for SuperF*ckers in Johnny Boo.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_Nolan View Post
    And it was probably rejected because it's an ad for a comic aimed at a much-older audience than Adventure Time.
    That can't be the reason -- they've run that exact same ad (or at least one *extremely* close to it) -- in other issues of Adventure Time and it's spin-offs.

I thought the reason Diamond gave was that the ad was on the wrong page. Or something.

Have a good day.
    John Cage

I think farts and kissing are well traveled territory for Adventure Time.
    saidestroyer likes this.
    Surgeon General Warning! Sigs are bad for your health!

Wrote the Book on Cool

The first thing that caught my eye when trying to figure it out was in the biggest image the guy's right bulletfist is heading towards the girls(?) ladyparts. Lawyers can be bizarre in finding things to nitpick about, if an image was the problem.

Exceedingly Cool

My best guess for the recall? Probably because the aliens in the Pendleton variant cover look a little bit like penises.

Consultant of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ESCgoat View Post
    My best guess for the recall? Probably because the aliens in the Pendleton variant cover look a little bit like penises.
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    The first thing that caught my eye when trying to figure it out was in the biggest image the guy's right bulletfist is heading towards the girls(?) ladyparts.

Sigmund Freud all up in this thread.
    Joe B. Pangrazio likes this.

It's never unwarrented to mention "Adventure Time Rules!"
    johncage1000 likes this.
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

Cool

Hey, I'm the guy with the ebay listing. In my opinion, it seems that the books were recalled because the advertisement is for Bravest Warriors #1, which came out several months ago. It even says "on sale now", which isn't really true if it's a back issue.
    myakoopa likes this.

Note to self: When choosing advertisers for your eventual comic, make sure they're not total buzzkills.
    "Walking bones!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast