Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Acrid_Gunsmoke

Thread: A Comic Show - Not Spoiling Amazing Spider-Man #700

Administrator

Default A Comic Show - Not Spoiling Amazing Spider-Man #700

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBAPcG9yPek[/youtube]

Aaron Haaland writes;

[FONT=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', 'Bitstream Charter', Times, serif]Hey Fandom! Merry Christmas! Comic Shops have NEW COMICS NOW, the day after Christmas! [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', 'Bitstream Charter', Times, serif]First, I'm not spoiling Amazing Spider-man #700. What's public knowledge is Peter isn't Spider-man anymore and there is a new "Superior" Spider-man. I talk about #700 with that detail and the events of #698 and #699 mentioned. Here's the thing; I liked #700. It was fun and I can't wait to see where the story goes for the near future. Yes, this may only last a year like the "death" of Cap and Batman did, but I enjoyed the time with Bucky and Dick none the less. I know Mark Waid has some insane match ups with Daredevil and Mr. Superior coming too. I do empathize with Peter fans (I even know a guy who named his son Parker), but we'll have Peter back before too long (not like my dearly departed Ted Kord). So try Amazing #700, you may enjoy the ride.[/FONT]

DC Comics basically had one 40 page comic just published as JUSTICE LEAGUE and AQUAMAN #15. Throne of Atlantis threw down the gauntlet by flooding both Metropolis and Gotham! Also, are all Atlantians as strong as Aquaman? If so the League is in big trouble. Geoff Johns loves making Aquaman shine and putting him between the League and the surface world and his brother and Atlantis takes that to the extreme.

Boom has Deathmatch #1 which is an 'R' rated Secret Wars! What would happen if people with these level of powers fought each other? A lot of death. We have the Phantom Variant cover that's an homage to Secret Wars #1 (and we're giving it out FREE at A Comic Shop).

[FONT=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', 'Bitstream Charter', Times, serif]Hey Fandom! Merry Christmas! Comic Shops have NEW COMICS NOW, the day after Christmas[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', 'Bitstream Charter', Times, serif]First, I'm not spoiling Amazing Spider-man #700. What's public knowledge is Peter isn't Spider-man anymore and there is a new "Superior" Spider-man. I talk about #700 with that detail and the events of #698 and #699 mentioned. Here's the thing; I liked #700. It was fun and I can't wait to see where the story goes for the near future. Yes, this may only last a year like the "death" of Cap and Batman did, but I enjoyed the time with Bucky and Dick none the less. I know Mark Waid has some insane match ups with Daredevil and Mr. Superior coming too. I do empathize with Peter fans (I even know a guy who named his son Parker), but we'll have Peter back before too long (not like my dearly departed Ted Kord). So try Amazing #700, you may enjoy the ride.[/FONT]

DC Comics basically had one 40 page comic just published as JUSTICE LEAGUE and AQUAMAN #15. Throne of Atlantis threw down the gauntlet by flooding both Metropolis and Gotham! Also, are all Atlantians as strong as Aquaman? If so the League is in big trouble. Geoff Johns loves making Aquaman shine and putting him between the League and the surface world and his brother and Atlantis takes that to the extreme.

Boom has Deathmatch #1 which is an 'R' rated Secret Wars! What would happen if people with these level of powers fought each other? A lot of death. We have the Phantom Variant cover that's an homage to Secret Wars #1 (and we're giving it out FREE at A Comic Shop).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?=vBAPcG9yPek

a video link to nothing, how quaint ^_^
    Last edited by Blackfist; 12-25-2012 at 03:11 PM.
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

Basically, there's isn't a damn thing out this week: go watch Doctor Who again.
    Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason ― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by MicroZone View Post
    To be fair it was a "skip week".

Thank you sir for making my holidays with your Transformers MTMTE recommendation! I blew through every issue and the annual! It's one of my all time favorite comics now! What else do you suggest?

Dean of Cool University Acrid_Gunsmoke's Avatar

I've always liked how you tell the haters to basically stop whining about the Big Two and check out an indie book instead.

Not Transformers related....but I'm surprised you haven't mentioned Mind MGMT from Dark Horse on your show yet.
    Its by Matt Kindt....soul-brother to Jeff Lemire. You should check it out if you haven't already.
    Cavemold likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Acrid_Gunsmoke View Post
    I've always liked how you tell the haters to basically stop whining about the Big Two and check out an indie book instead.

Not Transformers related....but I'm surprised you haven't mentioned Mind MGMT from Dark Horse on your show yet.
    Its by Matt Kindt....soul-brother to Jeff Lemire. You should check it out if you haven't already.
    MIND MGMT volume one will be in my top picks the week it comes out, and it's on my 12 Best of 2012 video that will be out soon. I really do believe that people who are fans of the comic book medium that are jaded against the big two should check out creator owned stuff and start enjoying comics again. I've seen in happen here in the shop, people went from hating what they were buying to loving what they were buying. Sure you can have an affinity for a character and still stop buying the book because it no longer brings you joy, if it gets amazing again you'll hear about it.

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MicroZone View Post
    Other JL and Aquaman yes , nothing on the rack this week