Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Jeph Leob Tells Us When We Can Expect To See The SHIELD TV Series

Robot for Front Page Blog Posts

Default Jeph Leob Tells Us When We Can Expect To See The SHIELD TV Series

Patrick Dane writes for Bleeding Cool

Here is a short but sweet news story.

In an interview with Previewsworld, Jeph Leob has hinted at when we can expect to be seeing the Shield TV Show. 95% of the interview is about the Nova comic book, but there is this nice little gem hidden right at the end.
    Well...we have a "little" pilot for television that you might have heard about called Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D. co-written, directed, and Executive Produced by none other than Joss Whedon! Working with Joss, Jed Whedon, Maurissa Tancharoen, Jeffrey Bell on the show is a blast! And bringing in Clark Gregg to play Agent Phil Coulson -- the best! Hopefully we will be on in the Fall of 2013 on ABC!
    It is hardly surprising as I am sure a many of you had probably guessed it would air around then. However, it is always nice to get a (sort-of) confirmation straight from the horse's mouth.

I'm just going to pretend Jeph Leob is someone unrelated to Loeb and keep excited about the series. We really don't need another Heroes.
    TGC likes this.

Zen Master of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by zehgnomo View Post
    I'm just going to pretend Jeph Leob is someone unrelated to Loeb and keep excited about the series. We really don't need another Heroes.
    Well, considering Jeph Loeb isn't one of the showrunners, I'm not sure why it matters. I'm not even sure he has any real creative involvement in the series. But really, I'd put the blame for Heroes failures far more on Tim Kring than Loeb.
    Comedian and marveldcman like this.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Cool. Now what's up with the new hulk series?

Dean of Cool University Captain Comet's Avatar

Jeph Loeb involved? Welp, there goes my excitement.

Dean of Cool University Drew Melbourne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Comet View Post
    Jeph Loeb involved? Welp, there goes my excitement.
    Jeph Loeb runs Marvel Television. He's "involved" with all Marvel TV projects, but as an executive/EP.
    Comedian and marveldcman like this.

Wrote the Book on Cool Comedian's Avatar

It doesn't take much to squander goodwill in the comics community apparently. It seems like only yesterday that Loeb was priased for work on things like Superman: For All Seasons, The Long Halloween, and other projects like that. Now, and I admit he has made a few creative missteps, people claim to shy away from anything he does or has a hand in. Wow. Let's all try to be a little more mature and judge the final product on its own merits, okay? I know that's a lot to ask, but geez...

Wrote the Book on Cool 0bsessions's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Comedian View Post
    It doesn't take much to squander goodwill in the comics community apparently. It seems like only yesterday that Loeb was priased for work on things like Superman: For All Seasons, The Long Halloween, and other projects like that. Now, and I admit he has made a few creative missteps, people claim to shy away from anything he does or has a hand in. Wow. Let's all try to be a little more mature and judge the final product on its own merits, okay? I know that's a lot to ask, but geez...
    In fairness to the seemingly impatient among us, Loeb's put out pretty much non-stop garbage for the last five years running, so it's not exactly that it didn't take much to squander it all.

Given, his work with Sale was pretty much all fantastic as far as I'm concerned. His work on Hulk, Wolverine and Heroes, however, has been almost universally panned. Past that, reviews are mixed on some of his other recent output too (Personally, I thought World's Finest was mediocre and Hush was a poor excuse to have Jim Lee drawing Batman's villain set).

As cold as it may sound, the guy simply has not put out much of anything worth reading since his son died.

Wrote the Book on Cool Revolutionary Cyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Comedian View Post
    Saying Ultimatum was a creative misstep is like saying the Titanic was only a boating accident.
    DarthEwok and marveldcman like this.
    To be or not to be. That's not really a question.
    Jean-Luc Godard

Zen Master of Cool Charles Skaggs's Avatar

I'm so glad they're calling this Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D. to distinguish this series from Stephen King's S.H.I.E.L.D. and Tyler Perry's S.H.I.E.L.D.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast