Thread: Jackie Chan Confirms Role In The Expendables 3

Robot for Front Page Blog Posts

Default Jackie Chan Confirms Role In The Expendables 3

The last time we heard news about The Expendables 3, screenwriter and starSylvester Stallone was talking about robots and Sigourney Weaver, so intrigue about the film's possible plotline is understandably high. One thing we can now confirm, however, is that Jackie Chan is planning to join Nicolas Cage as one of the new recruits for the franchise.

The news comes from a press conference for CZ12 in Kuala Lumpar and was reported by Cinema Online (via ComingSoon). Apparently Sylvester Stallone has been chasing Chan since The Expendables 2 and is now going to get his wish. When asked about his possible involvement, Chan had this to say:
    Sly had invited me to be in Expendables 2 but I was too busy filming CZ12 and couldn't make a commitment to the film. But he did extend his invitation to the third movie, which I agreed on the condition that I will be appearing as more than just a minor role with a few scenes.
    In Chan's discussions with Stallone, the possibility of makingThe Expendables 3 a "buddy-buddy movie" (like a buddy movie but with even more friendship) apparently also came up, and Chan said that Stallone seemed amenable to the idea.

In theory, CZ12 was supposed to be Chan's last action movie, but it seems that he's having difficulty pulling away from the genre. In 2013, along with the The Expendables 3, he will also be working on a potential Rush Hour sequel called Skip Tracer, another action film called Police Story 2013, and his autobiographical musical I Am Jackie Chan.

Dean of Cool University Captain Comet's Avatar

Yes but is he bringing his big ol' commie philosophy with him?

The 80's want their shades back.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Wrote the Book on Cool

Cool. Now get Liam neeson!

Cool

Its not hurray, I’ve seen yippee installs with the full screen characteristic. Its slash film's deficiency and it is possible that they're not turning on that characteristic or they're choosing a free record.

The Expendables series

Dean of Cool University Gabriel's Avatar

Variety:
    Jackie Chan Approached for ‘Expendables 4,’ ‘Rush Hour 4′
    According to the legendary action star, he's been approached for three potential sequels: “Expendables 4″, “Rush Hour 4″ and “Drunken Master 3.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Maane Khatchatourian
    Jackie Chan is in high demand.

According to the legendary action star, he’s been approached for three potential sequels: “Expendables 4″, “Rush Hour 4″ and “Drunken Master 3.”

“Sly (Stallone) wants me for ‘Expendables 4,'” he told Den of Geek earlier this week. “I said, ‘okay.’ Because they already asked me to be in two and three, but I refused. Well, I didn’t refuse, but I said, ‘Sly, can’t we just do you and me? Not just a bunch of people and me only coming out for five minutes.'”

It appears that Chan is holding out for a bigger role or an anti-“Expendables” pic with just two action stars. That’s probably best as “Expendables 3″ flopped in the box office on Friday when it made its franchise-worst debut. The pic is also set to be the series’ lowest-grossing opening.

“So if I’m in ‘Expendables 4,’ I want it to be me and him,” he said. “Then it might be interesting. Otherwise you just come out for five minutes.”