Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Marvel's Land Grab On DC In March

Administrator

Default Marvel's Land Grab On DC In March

DC may have got Alex Maleev to do a few Batman pages. But in March, Marvel have new books from Mahmud Asrar, Pete Woods and Paul Cornell who have, of late, been only seen working for DC Comics on books such as Supergirl, Legion Lost, Demon Knights and Stormwatch.

But in March, they're on Ultimate Comics: X-Men, Avengers Assemble and Wolverine.

No big showboating, no exclusive agreements, just quietly taking names associated with DC Comics. I expect more people to notice if Gail arrives, of course...

But there is some irony that Brian Wood was told he was writing the Supergirl comic that Mahmud was drawing, until at the last minute he found out it was a pitch process and he was unceremoniously dropped. And now they are reunited on the same Marvel comic. Someone somewhere has a keen sense of humour.

ULTIMATE COMICS X-MEN #24BRIAN WOOD (W) ? MAHMUD ASRAR (A)Cover by DAVE JOHNSONNATURAL RESOURCES CONTINUES? The mutants have proved their worth, but at what cost?? Kitty makes a choice that could haunt her forever? Rising star, Mahmud Asrar (Supergirl) joins the creative team!32 PGS./Rated T+ ?$3.99

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE #13KELLY SUE DECONNICK (W) ? PETE WOODS (A)Cover by NIC KLEINVariant cover by In-Hyuk Lee? Time to pay the piper? or the psychopathic lizard girl. Black Widow and Hawkeye stand in judgment for the sins of their pasts.? Spider-Woman caught in the middle.? Natasha don?t drink that, it?s--! ?Uh-oh.32 PGS./Rated T+ ?$3.99

WOLVERINE #1PAUL CORNELL (W) ? ALAN DAVIS (A/C)Sketch Variant by Alan DavisVariant Cover by OLIVIER COIPELBlank Cover Also AvailableYoung Variant Also AvailableIT?S HUNTING SEASON!The best there is at what he does gets an all-new on-going! Pay attention very closely: there?s a mystery here that even Wolverine hasn?t sniffed out yet. When Wolverine finds himself the bargaining chip in a hostage situation, he must make a decision to save a little boy that will follow him forever?literally! How can a berserker fight what he can?t see? And how far will he go to assert his humanity in the face of the Unknown? Find out when superstars Paul Cornell (CAPTAIN BRITAIN AND MI:13, Doctor Who, Action Comics) and Alan Davis (AVENGERS, CLANDESTINE, EXCALIBUR, UNCANNY X-MEN) take on the Wolverine!32 PGS./Parental Advisory ?$3.99

Exceedingly Cool

Pete Woods is still doing JLA Vibe...
    Matt Krotzer likes this.

Wrote the Book on Cool

What is weird is that Pete Woods is supposed to be on Vibe as well. Can he really do both at the same time? And same for Asrar, I think he's still doing Supergirl.
    How does that work?

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by B-Thom View Post
    What is weird is that Pete Woods is supposed to be on Vibe as well. Can he really do both at the same time? And same for Asrar, I think he's still doing Supergirl.
    How does that work?
    Some guys can manage two books a month. It just depends on the creator and, of course, the number of unreasonable, last-minute changes the publisher requests. Remember in the '90s, there was a time when Dan Jurgens was writing AND drawing Superman AND Justice League every month.
    die-yng and Mart like this.

Exceedingly Cool

Even though Gail won't have an ongoing after Batgirl, is she still under DC contract? Is there any chance she'd hop back to Marvel?

downlikecharlie

I think Avengers Assemble was meant to have rotating art teams with DeConnick as the series writer, so Woods will probably be gone by April's issue. Although I can't keep track of some of DC's titles when it comes to artists.

Consultant of Cool

Asrar was interviewed this week on CBR when it was announced he was doing an arc on Ultimate X-Men. He mentioned that he and Brian Wood were trying to work few times in the past, but it didn't happen. And he also confirmed he's not leaving Supergirl, but I think he did it later on Twitter, not in the interview.
    Last edited by Pete Wisdom; 12-13-2012 at 08:41 AM.

Way Cool
    Over the horizon. Keep going, you'll find it.

By the title, I thought someone at Marvel was caught groping Greg Land in public.

With Tolerance For Weekly World News Moments...

Marq

Yeah, Anj over at Supergirl Comic Box Commentary has some tweets from Asrar confirming he's still drawing Kara.

Zen Master of Cool

So when is Gail Simone showing up?

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast