Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Peter Jackson Won't Finish Hobbit Before Shooting Next Tintin

Administrator

Default Peter Jackson Won't Finish Hobbit Before Shooting Next Tintin

As Peter Jackson took his Hobbit press tour to the Belgian media - in fact, I think they met in London from the swelling Euro contingent at the junket - he was bound to face some questions about his promised Tintin sequel.

The plan, says Jackson, is to 'shoot' the performance capture at some point next year for a 2015 release date. This will require him to find some time amongst Hobbit post production for a change of pace.

If this all goes to plan it means one Jackson film a year for four straight years. A record. And I like it. I just hope Tintin two trumps Tintin one.

Thanks to Little Bleeder Jérôme for sending over the RY"TBF article.
    jackmurphy1969 likes this.

Dean of Cool University Captain Comet's Avatar

I really liked the first Tintin. Hopefully this one can be good, too.

Exceedingly Cool

Just as long as his Tintin isn't as bloated as every movie he's made since ROTK.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Comet View Post
    I really liked the first Tintin. Hopefully this one can be good, too.
    I will always consider it Spielberg's official apology for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Tremendously fun movie.

Wrote the Book on Cool cmichaelhall's Avatar

I'm not sure why so many people ragged on the Tintin movie; I suspect, though, it's because that kind of crap is fashionable on the Internet.

I've read every Tintin book. The movie had a great feel for what makes those books so much fun. I look forward to a second one!
    Last edited by cmichaelhall; 12-12-2012 at 02:32 PM.
    jackmurphy1969 and thekeith82 like this.

Writer/Cartoonist/Evil Mastermind
    http://www.cmichaelhall.com

Consultant of Cool

I loved the first movie too. I was afraid they'd cut down Captain Haddock's drinking and swearing, but thankfully there wasn't too much of that.

The comics are popular and Tintin is well-known here in Europe, but how well did you Americans know the character before the movie came out?

Exceedingly Cool

I don't think Tin-Tin is very well known here in the states, but my whole family really enjoyed it. I remember reading a couple of the books as a kid, and my daughter has now read a couple as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jipp View Post
    I loved the first movie too. I was afraid they'd cut down Captain Haddock's drinking and swearing, but thankfully there wasn't too much of that.

The comics are popular and Tintin is well-known here in Europe, but how well did you Americans know the character before the movie came out?
    It's hard to say, exactly; he's never caught on here like he has virtually everywhere else (no idea why). So you've got some people who have maybe seen the character a time or two, a small handful who are really into the character, and a vast percentage who have no idea.
    Jipp likes this.

Exceedingly Cool

Yeah Tintin books are sold in Barnes & Noble so theoretically a number of people are buying them but nobody I know personally who isn't a comic fan or European had ever heard of Tintin.

I think it hasn't caught on in the US because the art style suggests "young kids" but the story lines tend to be more young adult. US parents are generally suspicious of anything that isn't clearly demarcated as to whom its targeting.
    cmichaelhall and Jipp like this.

That's probably it exactly. The US market doesn't care for things which can't be marketed to very specific demographics, which is why in the rest of the world, comics are so much broader in scope, while here, the medium is still (to many people) synonymous with a single genre assumed to be targeted to adolescent boys.
    Hollow likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast