Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree141Likes

Thread: Comic Book Personality Of The Year 2012

Administrator

Default Comic Book Personality Of The Year 2012

Welcome to Comic Book Personality Of The Year. Around twenty people who, this year have delighted you, annoyed you, frustrated you, amazed you, but who you couldn't ignore. It's time to vote for your... comic book personality of the year!

Whether it was Tony Harris taking a brave stand against the evil of certain, select, cosplaying ladies, Jill Pantozzi standing against him, George Perez talking incredibly frankly about DC, Dan Slott guilting the populace into not spoiling Spider-Man, Larry Docherty protesting the cartel exclusivity of the Ghost variant scheme, before arranging his own rival cartel, or everyone suddenly realising how swell Karen Berger is, this is your chance to express both your admiration - or your disdain.

[polldaddy poll=6753006]

I so wanted to throw Tony Harris a bone (no ****) but I had to give it up for the Wack.
    He's brought quality *and* quantity.

I misread this as personality war and envisioned comics industry folk fighting to the death with laptops, idevices, droids and art supplies over who was the most awesome. I am so disappointed.
    Peter J Poole, Fysh and alekesam like this.

Consultant of Cool

Mark Waid, but no Phil Boyle?

I want to say Karen Berger, but she hasn't really done much this year (likely through no fault of her own), so...Dunno about that one. I'd love to see some less mainstream choices on here. Maybe some webcomic creators, 'cos I do love my webcomics....

OK, write in vote for Rich Burlew of Order of the Stick, for having the first ever million dollar comic related Kickstarter, and also for delivering a huge amount of what he promised despite some fairly considerable bumps on the road (hope that hand gets better soon, Rich). Yeah, I know there's no option for a write in. So sue me
    Rootfireember and AndyLuke like this.

As it's Personality of the Year and not "Good" Personality of the Year, I had to vote Rob Liefeld. Going from also-ran to creative lead on a multiple DC offerings, to his epic flameout and Twitterwars with various industry pros, it's hard to say that anyone was a bigger personality in 2012 than Rob Liefeld.

(I'd maybe have nominated Ethan Van Sciver as well... how he's online so much and still gets so much done is a true mystery.)
    Rootfireember and DarthEwok like this.

I hovered over Liefeld but still detest the man. I selected Mark Waid because the man writes EXCELLENT comics, speaks his mind rather openly, and stays classy to boot.
    Mad_Man_Moon and spacedog like this.

downlikecharlie

I might pick Gail Simone, but I think Matt Fraction is hilarious.
    Mad_Man_Moon likes this.

Dean of Cool University Stevaux The LEsser's Avatar

Had to be Wacker...

Wrote the Book on Cool

Where's Geoff John's? He deserves this award

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast