Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree344Likes

Thread: Comic Creators Respond To Gail Simone's Firing-By-E-Mail Off Batgirl

Administrator

Default Comic Creators Respond To Gail Simone's Firing-By-E-Mail Off Batgirl

It's a story we've been exploring this past week, Gail Simone off Batgirl, the DC New 52 title most associated with one creator more than any other. Today, Gail confirmed the news. The response from her peers was instant.
    @gailsimone forced off Batgirl. This is so fucked up I have no proper words...

? J.H. Williams III (@JHWilliamsIII) December 9, 2012
    .@gailsimone I'm very sorry to hear that. ? Paul_Cornell (@Paul_Cornell) December 9, 2012
    @gailsimone Sorry to hear the news. I wish you well. You will always be THE writer of Batgirl. #weallloveyourwork

? Gary Erskine (@garyerskine) December 9, 2012
    @gailsimone WTH? SO sorry to hear that, Gail, I know how much you loved working on the character. ? FrancescoFrancavilla (@f_francavilla) December 9, 2012
    Above all, @gailsimone has an audience of her own that'll be out of that door with her.

? Paul_Cornell (@Paul_Cornell) December 9, 2012
    @gailsimone Stay classy, comics. Stay classy. ? Antony Johnston (@antonyjohnston) December 9, 2012
    @gailsimoneThat sucks, I'm sorry. I'm a big fan of yours. I'm always on board for anything you write. ? Ryan Kelly (@funrama) December 9, 2012
    @gailsimone I eagerly anticipate your creator owned series from @imagecomics -- you know, when that happens. Because DC is stupid. ? Marc Lombardi (@marclombardi) December 9, 2012
    @gailsimone Very sorry, ma'am. That's confounding and depressing. ? Mike Norton (@themikenorton) December 9, 2012
    @gailsimone always in your corner Gail, as a fan and a friend. will call again later.

? Scott Snyder (@Ssnyder1835) December 9, 2012
    @gailsimone Good luck with what's next. Await your statement with interest.

? Kieron Gillen (@kierongillen) December 9, 2012
    @gailsimone did you not put enough women in refrigerators or something?

? Mike Nelson (@themikecnelson) December 9, 2012
    @themikecnelson Funny you should say that.

? GailSimone (@GailSimone) December 9, 2012

Let the shitstorm beg-, continue!
    _OM_ and Joe B. Pangrazio like this.
    "Looking past all that, with the number of regular comic buyers steadily decreasing, now would be a good time to be more inclusive of other genders, races, orientations, etc. There's only so many white dudes left." - downlikecharlie

Dean of Cool University

Interesting statement "funny you should say that" above. Questions, questions.

Exceedingly Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
    Exactly. They either found someone BIG to write the book or wanted her to do something she didn't want to agree to. Seeing this made me think its the latter.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
    They probably wanted her to have James Jr. kill Bab's roommate. She was stretching that plot out.

Do not worry. Everything is fine at DC. I eagerly await the news Howard Mackie is the new Batgirl writer, then everything will be perfect.

Please Paul Levitz, come back, EVERYTHING is forgiven. Seriously, everything.

Captain Cool

I love to see all these creators show their support to one of their own verbally but I'd really like to see them actually attempt (if at all possible) some sort of physical reaction.

Something akin to actually giving a reaction that DC can take notice of rather than just tweeting your disapproval and then returning to work as if nothing has happened.
    juncruznaligas likes this.

Very Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Exactly. They either found someone BIG to write the book or wanted her to do something she didn't want to agree to. Seeing this made me think its the latter.
    That actually makes me think she is being forced onto New Guardians. Kyle IS the original character who had a woman in a refrigerator.

Exceedingly Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Or perhaps Ron Marz is taking over the title.

Dean of Cool University Arnoldoaad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CagedLeo730 View Post
    They probably wanted her to have James Jr. kill Bab's roommate. She was stretching that plot out.
    that is a very baseless guest
    besides I wouldnt had been surprised if that was actually Gail's plan from the beginning

Either way, thats not enough to fire her
    Check out the Comicfrontline
    The Self-destruction of New 52 FINAL PART is UP
    Click here
    Check out Batwatchhttp://batwatch.net/

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast