Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Mike H.
  • 1 Post By Dave Wallace

Thread: Jupiter\'s Children eBay Auction Hits $3,500 With Hours To Go

Administrator

Default Jupiter\'s Children eBay Auction Hits $3,500 With Hours To Go

It both promotes the comic and raises money for charity. Not a bad way to do business. Mark Millar is currently auctioning off the naming rights to his upcoming comic with Frank Quitely, Jupiter's Children.

Previous auctions from Millar have raised money for the school for disabled children at which his brother works, Kick Ass raised a four figure sum and made Deve Lizewski famous, $5,000 from Superior and $8,500 from Nemesis. Secret Service raised $5,100 to send kids from his old school to the big Christmas pantomimes of Glasgow. Although Millar then found himself in the curious position on TV of promoting rival, smaller pantomime productions being squeezed out by the bigger events.

He is currently auctioning off the naming rights to one of the main characters in Jupiter's Chiklren - though he will choose which character the name fits best after the winner is announced. The money, currently with 54 bids up to $3,550 and five hours to go, will go into the pantomime pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    Previous auctions from Millar have raised money for the school for disabled children at which his brother works, Kick Ass raised a four figure sum and made Deve Lizewski famous
    Yep. That Deve Lizewski is uber-famous in geek circles these days. Sometimes people get the last name wrong by a letter or two, but his first name? Never.
    die-yng and TGC like this.

gnawing hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space

Quote Originally Posted by Mike H. View Post
    Yep. That Deve Lizewski is uber-famous in geek circles these days. Sometimes people get the last name wrong by a letter or two, but his first name? Never.
    Right, he's almost as famous as other Deve's, like Deve Grohl for example.
    And then there's Deve Elliot and famous Deve's in film and literature like Deve Bowman of 2001 fame.
    Of course there's also the biblical King Devid (who may or may not have been called Deve).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Coke View Post
    I am not Sting on a binge.
    Superman or Batman?
    Kat Dennings: Yeah, they are DC. I hate both of them.

"Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes."

-Walt Whitman

VP in Charge of Cool AnomanderRake's Avatar

I am going to read the HELL out of JUPITER'S CHILDREN!

One of the best writers in the biz coupled with my all time favourite artist? YES PLEASE!

Quote Originally Posted by AnomanderRake View Post
    I am going to read the HELL out of JUPITER'S CHILDREN!

One of the best writers in the biz coupled with my all time favourite artist? YES PLEASE!
    And both have markedly improved since their last collab (well, Frank has anyway) in Authority. I can't wait either!
    Living my life to be like Jesse Custer but when I look in the mirror all I see is Cassidy. How I ended up with Tulip anyways, God only knows.

Quote Originally Posted by awesomesauce View Post
    I have a sneaking suspicion that reality has an extreme anti-DC bias......
    Bleeding Cool is causing serious harm to my self-esteem. It won't let me Like myself.

Bleeding Cool

Board members, if you had spare cash to throw away on Mark's charity projects, and wanted your name in one of his comics, what would you call yourselves?

I'd be inclined to go for Peter Ness, Michael Hunt, or related, but perhaps those would be too nuanced?

Dean of Cool University

Quote Originally Posted by die-yng View Post
    Right, he's almost as famous as other Deve's, like Deve Grohl for example.
    And then there's Deve Elliot and famous Deve's in film and literature like Deve Bowman of 2001 fame.
    Of course there's also the biblical King Devid (who may or may not have been called Deve).
    I can't believe you'd get so hung up on spelling errors when we have the fantastic new book "Jupiter's Chiklren" to look forward to!
    Mars Hottentot likes this.

Dean of Cool University

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Coke View Post
    Board members, if you had spare cash to throw away on Mark's charity projects, and wanted your name in one of his comics, what would you call yourselves?

I'd be inclined to go for Peter Ness, Michael Hunt, or related, but perhaps those would be too nuanced?
    I think the rules say you have to use your own name.

Wrote the Book on Cool Mars Hottentot's Avatar

"Jupiter's Chiklren" - that is some inspired misspelling, Rich. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Hottentot View Post
    "Jupiter's Chiklren" - that is some inspired misspelling, Rich. I love it.
    well to be fair it's more like a slip of the fingers, "L" & "K" are very close blush
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine