Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Valiant Reduces Price Of First Trade Paperbacks To Ten Dollars Each

Administrator

Default Valiant Reduces Price Of First Trade Paperbacks To Ten Dollars Each

Is this holding the line at $1.99? Valiant's first trade paperbacks, each with four or five issues worth of content, will all be priced at a nice low $9.99. This was always going to be the case with X-O Manowar, now it's spreading to the other books too.

Here's the list:

X-O MANOWAR VOL. 1: BY THE SWORD TPB (OCT121241) Written by ROBERT VENDITTI Art by CARY NORD Cover by ESAD RIBIC $9.99/Rated T+/112 pgs. ISBN: 978-0-97964094-0-5 ON SALE DECEMBER 5th

HARBINGER VOL. 1: OMEGA RISING TPB (NOV121345) Written by JOSHUA DYSART Art by KHARI EVANS Cover by ARTURO LOZZI $9.99/Rated T+/128 pgs. ISBN: 978-0-97964095-7-5 ON SALE JANUARY 9th

BLOODSHOT VOL. 1: SETTING THE WORLD ON FIRE TPB (DEC121274) Written by DUANE SWIERCZYNSKI Art by MANUEL GARCIA & ARTURO LOZZI Cover by ARTURO LOZZI $9.99/Rated T+/112 pgs. ISBN: 978-0-9796409-6-4 ON SALE FEBRUARY 6th

ARCHER & ARMSTRONG VOL. 1: THE MICHELANGELO CODE TPB Written by FRED VAN LENTE Art by CLAYTON HENRY Cover by MICO SUAYAN $9.99/Rated T+/112 pgs. ISBN: 978-0-9796409-8-8 ON SALE MARCH 6th

Consultant of Cool

How would that work for X-O? Issue 5 was the start of a new story arc. Though I guess it makes it a hook to get the next trade...

I like their trade dress.
    saidestroyer and StarCruncher like this.

Valiant has the best books on the market. Top storytelling and beautiful art.
    Great price on the TPBs! Valiant has been pleasing the existing fan base plus making it attractive to new readers.
    DAN
    Sonicdan's Valiant Website:
    http://www.sonicdan.com/VALIANT.HTML

Way Cool

$10 is such a perfect price point for a first trade, most people have no problem dropping ten bucks to try something out. Never having read Valiant, I checked out a couple of first issues and decided to trade wait, now I think I'll grab all four series.

VP in Charge of Cool

I liked it when Vertigo did it (and it got me reading number of series) and it's a smart move by Valiant.

Although 5 issues seems a little light to me, at least at $10 it still seems a decent value.

Account Closed

Sad that this is "news" as opposed to the industry standard.

Bleeding Cool

I orderded xo Manowar first trade ! Can't wait for it. XO-Manowar has been favorite book , shadowman as been awesome to.

Bleeding Cool

I'll get the bloodshot a trade as well

Wrote the Book on Cool saidestroyer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
    I like their trade dress.
    Me too. Are the series any good? What do I need to know/read before getting into them?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast