Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ComiXology Runs 75% Black Friday Sale On Green Lantern, Hulk And Valiant

Administrator

Default ComiXology Runs 75% Black Friday Sale On Green Lantern, Hulk And Valiant

ComiXology kicks off with sales on Marvel, DC and Valiant titles...

And from Dark Horse, a mega-bundle digital deal...

Why wait for Cyber Monday?

Dean of Cool University

I thought Marvel's sale was rather lackluster, and Valiant's is spectacularly awesome. DC's lies somewhere in the middle.

As for Dark Horse, they have a 50% off digital sale for Cyber Monday, and that sounds much better than their bundle as you get to choose what you want.

Wrote the Book on Cool

I'm shitty. Got sick of waiting for a sale on Q&W and bought half the run LAST NIGHT!!!!!

Consultant of Cool

DC has trotted out Blackest Night a half dozen times for these sales.

New 52 please.

Give us the first six months of all the launch titles or something!

And all of the new Valiant titles are now mine. May go back in for all of Quantum and Woody.

That's what I call a sale!

And definitely will wait for Dark Horse's Cyber Monday sale to catch up on Conan and Alabaster.

Here I thought I wouldn't be partaking in Black Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
    I thought Marvel's sale was rather lackluster, and Valiant's is spectacularly awesome. DC's lies somewhere in the middle.

As for Dark Horse, they have a 50% off digital sale for Cyber Monday, and that sounds much better than their bundle as you get to choose what you want.
    Marvel digital sales always leave a lot to be desired. It’s usually a handful of issues.

Most of DCE’s sales are 100+ issues.

I downloaded the GREEN LANTERN and GREEN LANTERN CORPS issues that tied in with BLACKEST NIGHT (I had already purchased the main mini-series a few months ago), BL: TITANS and BRIGHTEST DAY.
    You can never have enough hats, gloves and shoes.
    Remind me to tell you about the time I looked into the heart of an artichoke.
    ....some say that it loops forever, this road, that I lose you on every time....
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon ZK Olmstead View Post
    "There's a legend 'round here. A patient buried, but not dead. A curse on South Philly. A death curse. HBR's curse."
    @HellBlazeRaiser

downlikecharlie

The good thing about Marvel's sales is that if you don't like it, wait a few days. They have sales twice a week. I just picked up a ton of Captain America issues on Monday, a bunch of Ultron stories on Tuesday, and the Jason Aaron Hulks today.

DC's sales only come every few weeks. The last DC sale comic I got was in June. The last few DC sales have been useless to me.

If last year is any indication, the holiday sales next month should be amazing. I bought most of Jason Aaron's Wolverine and all of Gotham Central last year.

Dean of Cool University

I like the frequency of Marvel's sales - and did pretty well with Cap and the Annihilation Conquest sale, but for the most part they put something I don't like on sale two or three times a week. It may be my tastes, but the stuff I really want to get almost never goes on sale, and I hate seeing stuff I hate on sale all the time. Also, their sales are so small, that each one only appeals to a narrow band of tastes. I'd say at least 90% of Marvel's sales are for books I have no interest in.

DC's sales are rarer, which I don't like, but often wider - making it easier for me to find something I like on sale even if there's a lot I don't care for.

Consultant of Cool

I think it's key in the sales like the valiant one to give first issue for free. Free Quantum and Woody #1 => Quantum and Woody #1 read and liked => rest of the series bought.

Bleeding Cool

Sweet! i got the 90s Ninjak series! i hope he gets new on -going! Joe quesda wasnt bad artist in the 90s!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast