Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Lot 13 Deserves A Lot Of Attention

I have to admit I wasn't bowled over by the first issue. Fabry's art is great and everything, but I didn't really like the way it has been coloured. And the exposition when the family is introduced at the beginning is very clunky. Everybody is explaining who they are to people that they've known for years. Not a great start. Really not sure if Fabry will be enough to bring me back next month.

Dean of Cool University

Quote Originally Posted by BC Blog Poster View Post
    Louis Falcetti writes for Bleeding Cool

And while we're on the topic, where's my goddamn Astro City monthly?!
    It took me less than thirty seconds to find the answer to that question. According to The Official Kurt Busiek Page:

Just turned in my first finished paying job since February. Boy, it feels good. One more script to do, then we figure out when to schedule the return of ASTRO CITY.
    Someone then asked:
    Sorry for my being behind but why so many setbacks for such a great series?
    Kurt Busiek replied:
    Mostly illness

Quote Originally Posted by Lars Jensen View Post
    It took me less than thirty seconds to find the answer to that question. According to The Official Kurt Busiek Page:

Someone then asked:

Kurt Busiek replied:
    So the dissolution of the imprint under which Astro City was being published must have nothing whatsoever to do with the going on two year gap between the announcing of Astro City returning as a monthly and now?
    Hi_HorseLarnick likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Diddilo View Post
    "There are no hotels in the suburbs" says mom, which is necessary to get them into the titular haunted house. I live in a small suburb. There's 4 hotels in this town alone.

Yeah, I actually live in Fairfax and there are probably 10 Motels/Hotels within 5 miles of my condo.

Banned

In the suburbs and near the suburbs aren't the same thing

Zoning, in the U.S. anyway, pretty much prevents things like that from being built side-by-side

Dean of Cool University

Quote Originally Posted by BobMarket View Post
    So the dissolution of the imprint under which Astro City was being published must have nothing whatsoever to do with the going on two year gap between the announcing of Astro City returning as a monthly and now?
    Dunno. But it's possible you're right: if Busiek has been sick most of that time, the dissolution of Homage Comics/Wildstorm would have been irrelevant, yes.

Someone should ask Kurt Busiek. He probably would know.

Quote Originally Posted by Lars Jensen View Post
    Dunno. But it's possible you're right: if Busiek has been sick most of that time, the dissolution of Homage Comics/Wildstorm would have been irrelevant, yes.

Someone should ask Kurt Busiek. He probably would know.
    Yeah I'm sure it would be in his best interest to cite his publisher, you're right.

Dean of Cool University

Quote Originally Posted by BobMarket View Post
    Yeah I'm sure it would be in his best interest to cite his publisher, you're right.
    His publisher?!? I thought your point was that DC wasn't publishing Busiek's stories.

Banned

This interview is a few months old. It has some answers about Astro City and other stuff he is working on. Though I didn't see anywhere where he specifically says who will publish the new Astro City stuff

Kurt Busiek Makes Comics Return In Digital Realm - Comic Book Resources

Even after all this time off I'm still not caught up on Astro City. And that used to be my favorite series. This is what happens when someone couldn't afford things and hadn't yet learned how to pirate them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast