Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Cyclops And Emma Frost Are Definitely Splitsville, And Bendis Was For Killing Professor X To Make His Comics "More Interesting"...

Dean of Cool University

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    I agree with Bendis

Wash your mouth out with soap young man!!!
    Blackfist likes this.

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by devious1 View Post
    Wash your mouth out with soap young man!!!
    Yes mam....

Seriously though, It would be really unrealistic to see them together.

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by dominatr37 View Post
    It amazes me that his idea of creating is to kill a beloved character whose been around since 1963, because he deemed it necessary.
    A character who has been killed multiple times and has hardly even been used in the comics for the last couple decades ...
    dEV and smokescreen like this.

Once upon a time, when a character wasn't used much, writers saw options other than killing them. But that, my children, is a story for another day.
    Peter J Poole, Hollow, dEV and 4 others like this.
    ShadowMax: Has anyone actually verified this is the real Steve Wacker?

Me: Quick Steve, tell us something only Steve Wacker would know.

Steve Wacker: [The Marvel relaunch] secretly is a reboot.

Me: If you mean the continuity won't match up with any of the preceding issues, anyone could have predicted that.

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Offenberg View Post
    Once upon a time, when a character wasn't used much, writers saw options other than killing them. But that, my children, is a story for another day.
    I don't disagree, personally. I just thought one particular comment was a bit much, considering. I mean, isn't one of the worst part about this the silly number of time Chuck has died?

Wrote the Book on Cool Revolutionary Cyke's Avatar

If this goes like it usually goes for him, by the end of his run, Scott and Emma will be together, Xavier will be alive, the new characters will be dead, all the X-men will be together in the mansion, and Magneto will be a X-men villain.
    To be or not to be. That's not really a question.
    Jean-Luc Godard

Quote Originally Posted by Comicsfan101 View Post
    I don't disagree, personally. I just thought one particular comment was a bit much, considering. I mean, isn't one of the worst part about this the silly number of time Chuck has died?
    Well, it certainly makes one wonder why Bendis thinks this development is so interesting...
    dEV, jmyoung, Comicsfan101 and 1 others like this.
    ShadowMax: Has anyone actually verified this is the real Steve Wacker?

Me: Quick Steve, tell us something only Steve Wacker would know.

Steve Wacker: [The Marvel relaunch] secretly is a reboot.

Me: If you mean the continuity won't match up with any of the preceding issues, anyone could have predicted that.

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    Seriously though, It would be really unrealistic to see them together.
    I don't think that's the word you wanted to use.

Consultant of Cool

You're correct. After looking hard at it...it is Magik. Just drawn exactly the same as he draws Rachel. Still doesn't explain who those others are.

Zen Master of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Comicsfan101 View Post
    A character who has been killed multiple times and has hardly even been used in the comics for the last couple decades ...
    I've always been of the opinion that Xavier made a better martyr or icon than an actual character. Its amazing how many people don't seem to understand that he's probably been out of the book as often as he's been in since the original run.

He's kind of a dick too. Pretending to be dead, or not telling Scott that the mysterious space pirate whose been helping them is his really his father, or recruiting a whole new class of mutants then immediately running off into space for a couple years to hang out with his girlfriend, or turning into a brood, or Onslaught, or having inappropriate desires for a certain female student, or hiding the fact that he knew there was a third Summers brother that he sent off to die... there's probably a few more but the 90s are hard to recall with much clarity. Really, if he's not off doing his own thing or dead, he's harboring some horrible, vital secret from one or more of the X-Men.

I didnt really care for AVX, but Scott putting Charles down was a long time coming man.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast