Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Cyclops And Emma Frost Are Definitely Splitsville, And Bendis Was For Killing Professor X To Make His Comics "More Interesting"...

I think killing Xavier was a very unimaginative thing to do. I would have loved to see a story where Xavier is off doing his own thing, maybe has a commune for mutants and humans to live together and use their powers for mutual benefit.
    Blade X, dEV, Evilsmurf and 1 others like this.

Captain Cool

Scott Summers is not a revolutionist, he's an integrationist, and there hasn't been a single event that has happened in the last decade that would have motivated him to change is views. Especially the bizarre events that have happened in the X-books in that time. Preparing kids to fight is not in his wheelhouse. Preparing kids to defend themselves is.

Just ... Just stop it Marvel.
    dEV and Evilsmurf like this.

Consultant of Cool

Too bad, I liked the couple of Scott and Emma. Morrison went to such great pains to set it up as plausible and Whedon did a good job of justifying and cementing it. Oh well, I gave up on the clusterf*ck that is the X-Men books awhile go, so more power to Bendis and whatever stories he wants to tell...

downlikecharlie

Quote Originally Posted by AMDin View Post
    Scott Summers is not a revolutionist, he's an integrationist, and there hasn't been a single event that has happened in the last decade that would have motivated him to change is views. Especially the bizarre events that have happened in the X-books in that time. Preparing kids to fight is not in his wheelhouse. Preparing kids to defend themselves is.

You really haven't been paying attention.
    smokescreen likes this.

Cooler Than The Other Side of the Pillow kingslayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AMDin View Post

Yes there was a single event that could motivate him to change his views: House Of M. The mutant species was wiped out (save for 198) and there were no new mutant births. The species was on the verge of extinction and that would make anyone change their philosophy from "Let's work with humans for a better tomorow that we can all live happily everafter in." to "All bets are off. If you threaten what's left of my people, we will use any means necessary to stop you and insure our survival.".

Dean of Cool University Arnoldoaad's Avatar

No Xavier makes the books more interesting

which is why he has barely been in the X-books at all after he resurrected after his last death
    QCCBob and brian-cs like this.

Wrote the Book on Cool

I like Bendis. He's a very creative, fella and has done a lot for Marvel over the last 10+ years as well as creating interesting projects outside of Marvel. That said, Xavier has been killed and brought back and killed and brought back...more interesting is matter of opinion as it's clear that it's an opinion with is it's fair share of detractors considering how many times he's come back. Hell, my pop brought him back from the dead once. Why? Because it was stupid to have him dead. X-Men was doomed to cancellation and it was plays like killing off Xavier that set it down that path.

Regarding character, Scott Summers is many things, none of those are revolutionary. That is to say, he is a leader, but a follower, teacher and a student and while he knows he must be ready for a fight, he is not around to start fights or lead wars. Why do you think he is socially and emotionally pitted againt Wolverine so often? Scott and Logan are polar opposites on the end of well-intentioned characters. Scott intends to lead and prevent conflict, Logan seeks out conflict and reluctantly leads.

The X-Men was a book whose premise was steeped in social relevancy. It was about people who were different seeking equality and social acceptance. Why aren't we tackling the characters this way anymore? Why can't these characters reflect the current changes in our culture? This election gay marriage has become legal in more states in the US, our government is getting more diverse, just these two facts alone allow for so much "more interesting" stories to be created in the Marvel Universe and their mutants.

Look...go ahead kill Xavier...I'm sure with Patrick Stewart portraying Xavier in films still, the character is going to stay dead for LOOOOONG time...
    dEV, Eric Sean, Jonny R and 1 others like this.

VP in Charge of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by TJ&TAM View Post
    Absolutely nothing could make your books interesting, Bendis.

I'm sure he'll throw in some sodimization love scene to change your mind!

All they did was kill Xavier's body (his second body by the way). Unless Scott wiped out Xavier's mind, that means his consciousness could have escaped into the astral plane. So at some point Xavier will show up, they'll clone him a new body. He'll go into it. Thus he's back.
    Peter J Poole and dEV like this.

Bleeding Cool

Maybe scott will be more foucsed now.? Or hit on his new teamates?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast