Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Like Tree168Likes

Thread: Fanboy Rampage: Ethan Van Sciver Vs Rob Liefeld

Exceedingly Cool uncaringmachine's Avatar

I find it amusing when people say things like, "We're number one! Suck it, Republicans, hahaha!!" and stuff like that. WE? Do you honestly think that these politicians give one ounce of a crap about you? Ha.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Artful Angie View Post
    Samurai, haven't we been traumatized enough by the two of them here? LOL
    Hey, I'm not jumping on that bandwagon. I'm just saying, if all this non-sense makes a single book that I'm reading late, I'm gonna kick somebody's Conservative/Liberal/I don't give a fuck what you are's ass.

I truly couldn't give two shits about which candidate anybody voted for. Anytime people start talking about politics, it all starts sounding stupid to me. None of you have a freakin' clue what's going on. Don't you know that the CFR/Bildebergers/Trilateral Commission rules the world????

This is also why I refuse to get wrapped up in "Following" creators. I'm not interested in your ideas and opinions, even if I might agree with them. I'm only interested in the product that you are responsible for delivering to me, month-in and month-out.

That's why I find it absolutely ridiculous when people rally behind Alan Moore, when he is the world's biggest loony-bird to ever walk on two legs.

Now get off this dumb shit, please, and get back to work, drawing/writing my goddamn funny books!!
    Last edited by SAMURAI36; 11-08-2012 at 03:39 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by uncaringmachine View Post
    I find it amusing when people say things like, "We're number one! Suck it, Republicans, hahaha!!" and stuff like that. WE? Do you honestly think that these politicians give one ounce of a crap about you? Ha.
    Precisely. I saw a vid of Michelle Obama shrug off a dude that was asking her questions about the CFR, which she and her husband are card-carrying members of, and she sic'd a security guard on the poor, just for asking a question.

So I'm more than convinced that none of these people give 1.5 shits about me.
    Cavemold and Pop-Tart Samson like this.

Banned

Wrote the Book on Cool GeneHoyle's Avatar

I am friends with Ethan on Facebook and a nicer more accessible artist does not exist online.

He and I disagree politically most times. It does not matter. He treats me as I treat him. With respect.

When I met him at Megacon years ago him and his wife were very nice to me.

If you don't get what he is all about then maybe it is best that you do not follow his social networks.

As for his "concession speech" after election day-Good for him. He accepts that his guy lost. Give him the benefit of the doubt. He does not hide behind fake names. He tells it like he sees it.
    Pop-Tart Samson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by uncaringmachine View Post
    I'm glad you found it amusing, since that's what I was going for

(As I would have thought obvious. Is irony truly dead? Has politics in this country finally killed everyone's sense of humor?)
    ShadowMax: Has anyone actually verified this is the real Steve Wacker?

Me: Quick Steve, tell us something only Steve Wacker would know.

Steve Wacker: [The Marvel relaunch] secretly is a reboot.

Me: If you mean the continuity won't match up with any of the preceding issues, anyone could have predicted that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GeneHoyle View Post
    I am friends with Ethan on Facebook and a nicer more accessible artist does not exist online.

He and I disagree politically most times. It does not matter. He treats me as I treat him. With respect.

When I met him at Megacon years ago him and his wife were very nice to me.

If you don't get what he is all about then maybe it is best that you do not follow his social networks.

As for his "concession speech" after election day-Good for him. He accepts that his guy lost. Give him the benefit of the doubt. He does not hide behind fake names. He tells it like he sees it.
    Any endorsement you can give EVS is trumped by how he seemed to have played himself by playing into RL's hands. I would have more respect for what he did/said, if he just said his peace before and after the election, and then been done with it. But to engage RL? He brought himself down to a disgraceful level.

Granted, I don't agree with the guy's politics, but I don't agree with most people's politics (and I'm sure it's mutual), regardless of what side of the aisle they are on. All EVS can do for me, is draw/write my funny books. I'm not the least bit concerned with how he feels about anything else. I'm not trying to "like" him on FB, or "Follow" him on Twitter (I don't even do social networking for that very reason), nor am I trying to shake his hand at the next Con. And again, I'm sure the feeling would be mutual.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011