Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: The Presidential Election, According To The Comics Industry

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorCheese View Post
    Though not a debate worth having considering the crowd.
    Well, it's a good thing you added your two-bits, then. Because we certainly would have been left wondering if you hadn't posted at all.....................
    SAMURAI36 likes this.
    Traveling.

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kalicki View Post
    The sooner we get out of this employer-provided insurance business the better.
    Yep, and better for the employer, as well. Without the added expense of having to insure every employee, pay rates can feasibly rise across the board.
    Joe Kalicki likes this.
    Traveling.

Consultant of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Hdefined View Post
    Because the rest of the world absolutely couldn't stand him. Republicans aren't keen on playing nice with others.
    1. One, I was talking about democrats being sore losers, not how you percieved the world. What those democrats did was the definition of being a sore loser
    2. The rest of the world counldn't stand him? let me guess your proof : Liberal boards and the the Nobel Prize committee. Look at Bush's humanitarian efforts in Africa and efforts to improve the AIDS situation there. Look at the countries that did ally themselves with us (hint there were 30 of them). Get your head out of democratic rhetoric

That's rather flimsy evidence.
    You said no one believed Bush stole the 2004 election, NO ONE. I provide a list of over 2 million hits stating otherwise and that's flimsy evidence? There were several people stating that little nugget of sore loserdom, just because you deny it doesn't mean it didn't happen

I recall despite Gore's concession, it still wasn't completely resolved for a while. In any case, people can hardly be blamed for confusion over the results.
    No, the Supreme Court decision rendered the recounts moot. Gore could have gone forward, but the only way he could have won was rewriting of election law. Some reporters continued the recount and discovered that Bush still won, others reported had the Republicans got their way on the recounts and it was done statewide, Gore would have won, but to my knowledge that has not been verified.

No they could be blamed for believing the democratic rhetoric that Bush stole the election, he was selected not elected. Had the the Florida Supreme Court not injected itself into the process at no ones behest, there would have not been a Supreme Court Decision at that time. It would have probably gone to Congress (which it has before) and been settled there.

What about that congresswoman from . . . Arizona, was it?
    Already corrected by Comicsfan101, so a special shout out to him for helping clear things up, thanks
    Cyclops Lives!
    The Red Hood Lives!

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Allen T View Post
    Already corrected by Comicsfan101, so a special shout out to him for helping clear things up, thanks
    I live here, so that news was definitely close to home. As much national coverage as it got, it's safe to say it got even more coverage here.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by StarCruncher View Post
    4 more years (of white people complaining)
    Best post on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pop-Tart Samson View Post
    Well, it's a good thing you added your two-bits, then. Because we certainly would have been left wondering if you hadn't posted at all.....................
    Am I wrong in thinking that it's next to impossible to have a nuanced discussion on ethics on comic book board?
    Not saying everybody here is an irrational loon, but too many are. So what's the point when you have to filter through all the noise and irritants?
    And I'm not marginalizing just comic boards, cause almost every message board has its share of the hypersensitive and overly emotional.
    Reasonable thoughts being overwhelmed by the focus on specific 'buzz' words lacking proper context to the statement is dominant of late.
    Just look at the past few months.
    The right was in love with the "you didn't build that" meme from an Obama speech. Not taking the entirety of comment of his comments to form a proper analytical critique, which was possible without the ridiculously overly simplistic rhetoric that came about, eliminated the possibility of a sensible discussion of the extent of government influence and importance in a business's success or failure.
    While the left was enthralled with 'god loves rape' imbecility that was employed to besmirch the right. Conflating the impressive stupidity of Todd Akin's notion of 'legitimate rape' with Richard Mourdock's comments on abortion in the instance of rape was entirely unfair to Romney and to an extent Mourdock as well. Reductive commentary resulted in the pathetic war on women mantra, which was a completely shallow manipulation of the gender politic issues. Because someone like Mourdock formed his commentary with the words 'rape' and 'abortion,' it automatically led to the negation of any sensible response. (I don't agree with his opinion, but I can empathize with the process wherein he connects his spiritual and ethical beliefs to the assertion that a ban on abortion in the cases of rape is possible. His belief that bad things don't necessarily need for another bad thing to occur because of the complexity of 'god's plan.' Those of faith take things, actions and events have a deeper meaning. Saying god wants the rape to happen is an inane reduction of what his entire comment was. It's not sensitive to the state of the mind of a rape victim, but focused solely on the life of the fetus. I can see someone interpreting that as misogyny, but I'd classify it as an almost heartless disconnect to the emotional state of the woman).

In times past, it was possible to come to disagreement over ideas without stratifying everyone within a Manichean perspective.
    Lately, I don't see that happening. Too many are unwilling or unable to understand an oppositional opinion.
    Just look at too many of the comments in the Ethan Van Sciver thread.
    So my pessimism explains the brevity.
    Comicsfan101 likes this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorCheese View Post
    This is great.
    The douchebaggery displayed by some 'professionals' allows me to drop a few books before the creative teams begins.
    Thanks for saving me some money. (Not that I need it, being an old rich white guy).
    And this is not a response to the incongruous nature of ideologies.
    (If that was the case, as an official member of the VRWC, I couldn't find many comics to buy or read).
    It's just nice not spending money on people who don't just disagree but hold you in contempt for reasonable political opinions.

As for the pro-life/pro-capital punishment, it can be rationally possible to support both viewpoints without being a hypocrite.
    It's begins with inherent innocence and then proceeds from there.
    Though not a debate worth having considering the crowd.
    See, this is why I could care less to hear the perspectives of people involved in the industry. (Not that I agree with your non-sense one bit, but still...)

Like I posted in the EVS vs RL thread, I'm really not interested in the political meanderings of comic book creators. If you feel that strongly about it, write/draw your views in a book. Otherwise, get back to work on making my funny books.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen T View Post
    1. One, I was talking about democrats being sore losers, not how you percieved the world. What those democrats did was the definition of being a sore loser
    2. The rest of the world counldn't stand him? let me guess your proof : Liberal boards and the the Nobel Prize committee. Look at Bush's humanitarian efforts in Africa and efforts to improve the AIDS situation there. Look at the countries that did ally themselves with us (hint there were 30 of them). Get your head out of democratic rhetoric

You said no one believed Bush stole the 2004 election, NO ONE. I provide a list of over 2 million hits stating otherwise and that's flimsy evidence? There were several people stating that little nugget of sore loserdom, just because you deny it doesn't mean it didn't happen

No, the Supreme Court decision rendered the recounts moot. Gore could have gone forward, but the only way he could have won was rewriting of election law. Some reporters continued the recount and discovered that Bush still won, others reported had the Republicans got their way on the recounts and it was done statewide, Gore would have won, but to my knowledge that has not been verified.

No they could be blamed for believing the democratic rhetoric that Bush stole the election, he was selected not elected. Had the the Florida Supreme Court not injected itself into the process at no ones behest, there would have not been a Supreme Court Decision at that time. It would have probably gone to Congress (which it has before) and been settled there.

Wow, let's just say that we couldn't be any further apart in our views about Bush.

Bleeding Cool

And bush still doesn't care about black people.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    Which is why I think it's hilarious that anyone would imply that he did so much for Black people in Africa.

Consultant of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SAMURAI36 View Post
    See, this is why I could care less to hear the perspectives of people involved in the industry. (Not that I agree with your non-sense one bit, but still...)

Like I posted in the EVS vs RL thread, I'm really not interested in the political meanderings of comic book creators. If you feel that strongly about it, write/draw your views in a book. Otherwise, get back to work on making my funny books.

Wow, let's just say that we couldn't be any further apart in our views about Bush.

If Bush did anything that those Katrina critics wanted he would have to break the law, primarily the Posse Comitatus Act, he needed the request of the city/state government before he act. That is how it is set up. Katrina was just an excuse to criticize Bush. Notice there were no criticisms from Mississippi which was actually hit by Katrina, New Orleans was only glanced, and had lot more damage and devastation. BTW, FEMA was never meant to be a fast acting agency. With Hurricane Andrew, one of Florida's worse Hurricanes in which devastated neighborhoods are not fixed to this day, FEMA did not show up till a month later

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    If your statement had any basis in reality, Bush would not do 1/10th of the stuff he did in Africa. Please get your heads out of the democratic rhetoric and actually look at his efforts in Africa.
    Cyclops Lives!
    The Red Hood Lives!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast