Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: You Have A Week To Return Your Flash Omnibus Volume 3

Administrator

Default You Have A Week To Return Your Flash Omnibus Volume 3

If you have a copy of?* Flash Omnibus Vol 3, you may be aware that certain pages appear out of sequence, in a fashion that rather spoil the story.

As we suggested, DC Comics has made the book returnable through the comic store retailer you bought it from, and will replace it.

But the retailer needs to send page 4 from the Omnibus as proof to Diamond Comic Distribution by a week tomorrow. And it seems that not too many people are aware of this.

So when you go to the comic store tomorrow, maybe you can bring your Flash Omnibus with you?

a truly token gesture. a week?

I got mine for half-off from an Amazon seller. can't afford to buy from a LCS, anymore.
    calkundera likes this.

VP in Charge of Cool Tariq Leslie's Avatar

Ah, fantastic customer service!

I know these things are difficult to orchestrate, and a company has to put limitations in place, but really?

We all know some of these are going to be sitting shrink-wrapped in LCS's here and there, with the retailer - let alone a consumer - being non the wiser a few months or a year from now.

I also know that you can't leave the door open on this kind of return forever, but this seems kinda slight.

Workin' the corner. Daddy's gotta make rent!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    certain pages appear out of sequence, in a fashion that rather spoil the story.
    There are ways pages can appear out of sequence and not spoil the story?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike H. View Post
    There are ways pages can appear out of sequence and not spoil the story?
    Yes, of course. Like with Bendis' "Avengers". Nothing happens and so nothing can be spoiled no matter in what order the pages are.
    alekesam and Kris Shaw like this.

気持ち悪い

Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    a truly token gesture. a week?

I got mine for half-off from an Amazon seller. can't afford to buy from a LCS, anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tariq Leslie View Post
    Ah, fantastic customer service!

I know these things are difficult to orchestrate, and a company has to put limitations in place, but really?

We all know some of these are going to be sitting shrink-wrapped in LCS's here and there, with the retailer - let alone a consumer - being non the wiser a few months or a year from now.

I also know that you can't leave the door open on this kind of return forever, but this seems kinda slight.
    DC notified retailers a few weeks ago (last week of September I believe), so retailers have had more than just a week to arrange returns. That said, I think they could still allow more time, but it's not just the week that the article implies. Maybe the headline should be changed to You Have A Week Left...

Consultant of Cool

I had this on order with Barnes & Noble and was able to cancel before it was shipped. Thank goodness. I assume the entire first printing sent to mass market booksellers will remain in the market, errors and all, forever.

I'll wait until the online retailers associated with Diamond get their second printing (i.e., corrected) books and order again.

Cool

Fantastic.

Anyone have advice what to do if I don't have access to the retailer where the book was purchased? The chain of custody involves gift-giving and international shipping.

Am I completely screwed?

Ok, I bought mine from Amazon. Not a seller on Amazon. Is this returnable to Amazon?
    Check out my band if you get a chance

Loud, fast, aggressive Rock N Roll

http://www.reverbnation.com/thedeadenders

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Keefer View Post
    Ok, I bought mine from Amazon. Not a seller on Amazon. Is this returnable to Amazon?
    Amazon is really good about returns all-around and have handled similar recalls for even such high-ticket items as complete series DVD sets. If they don't know about this one (and I figure that they do because it's Amazon and not a seller), you'll be able to set up a return with them.

If you need a suggestion for a just-in-case, have two or three different comics news websites' articles about the circumstances of the return (ie: this article *and* the corresponding article discussing the return terms at two other leading comics news websites) open when you contact them through some interwebby method so that you can send the links to Amazon. Although, given that the book is DC, the seller is Amazon and the cover price is high, they'll probably know about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast