Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree188Likes

Thread: Reading Between The Lines Over Stephanie Brown And DC Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Comicsfan101 View Post
    When did they say that? I must have missed it. Wasn't Damion pretty specific in proving that he was the best Robin, including Tim in that?
    Scott Lobdell said it at SDCC here is a link.
    So Tim Drake Was Never Robin? | Comics Should Be Good! @ Comic Book Resources

But yeah seems weird Damian would even go after Tim if he was never officially Robin.
    I'm now doing weekly comic reviews for Fanboybuzz.com and be sure check out my blog @ thecomicsbleed.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Coke View Post
    I don't usually see Rich as the cynical click whore some do, but encouraging 'wafflegate' seems a step into the darkness.
    People have been submitting links to the various developments out of SDCC on the Stephanie Brown front constantly. Constantly.

Believe it or not, Rich has shown restraint in tying it all up together in one post.
    die-yng likes this.
    This is another test.

Dean of Cool University

Cass will probably be back, in the meantime we can just think of her being Black Bat in Hong Kong. They're probably just waiting for the right creative team and project. I really wouldn't worry about her.

Wally is a different story. He's not going to be coming back soon in the form most people want him because he just doesn't work in the New 52.

Whether you call it a reboot or a relaunch, DC had very specific public goals for the New 52. They wanted to limit or eliminate character duplication wherever possible, focus on the iconic interpretations of characters where possible, and roll everyone back to a rawer and less experienced level to increase the dramatic intensity of their books.

The Wally we want breaks all of those criteria. Wally uses essentially the same costume as Barry, making them more similar than even the Green Lantern Corps. Despite Wally's 25 years in the suit, Barry is still the icon because even at the height of the Wally era it was still Barry's iconography. Wally's story was basically that of the "son" who exceeds his "father." He went from stepping into huge yellow boots to being "the fastest man alive." In order for Wally to come back, he not only needs to have had time to have learned to become a mature hero; but Barry needs to have had that time. With Barry being reset to earlier in his career, there's just no place to do Wally properly right now.

I'm sure he will be back, but I don't see it happening soon.
    saidestroyer likes this.

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by darkspark View Post
    Scott Lobdell said it at SDCC here is a link.
    So Tim Drake Was Never Robin? | Comics Should Be Good! @ Comic Book Resources

But yeah seems weird Damian would even go after Tim if he was never officially Robin.
    Yeah, kind of looks like another one of those cases where someone says something to the press that doesn't actually end up in the final version of the stories. Maybe they'll reconcile it somewhere, but Damion definitely acts like Tim was a Robin. At the very least, TT #1 makes it clear that Tim filled a Robin role, even if Lobdell is claiming he didn't use the Robin name.

When Stephanie does come back, one thing is certain - it still won't be good enough for her fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Comicsfan101 View Post
    Yeah, kind of looks like another one of those cases where someone says something to the press that doesn't actually end up in the final version of the stories. Maybe they'll reconcile it somewhere, but Damion definitely acts like Tim was a Robin. At the very least, TT #1 makes it clear that Tim filled a Robin role, even if Lobdell is claiming he didn't use the Robin name.
    Yeah it was weird he also said that the original Titans were all friends and that they had adventures but never became an official team never took the Teen Titans name.
    twincast likes this.
    I'm now doing weekly comic reviews for Fanboybuzz.com and be sure check out my blog @ thecomicsbleed.com.

Technically we only got 3 Robins they said the Tim has only been Red Robin which is stupid.
    wait what? WHAT?!!

what a load of shit when, where, how? wasn't there a picture as him in his red coloured robin suit?

Yeah it was weird he also said that the original Titans were all friends and that they had adventures but never became an official team never took the Teen Titans name.
    that's stupid and not just from a story perspective, what's up with DC detsroying their legacies? Jeez!
    Last edited by Blackfist; 07-20-2012 at 02:07 PM.
    khuxford and twincast like this.
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

Wrote the Book on Cool

Wally and Donna will be back before Steph

and we know how The Big DD feels about those two as well

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfist View Post
    wait what? WHAT?!!

what a load of shit :blind: when, where, how? wasn't there a picture as him in his red coloured robin suit?
    Tim falling out with Bruce also seems weird to me. Before the not reboot they were really close.
    twincast likes this.

Wrote the Book on Cool

So "The Court of Owls" is already out of continuity? In it, Batman's facial recognition software identifies Tim as "former Robin, current Red Robin."

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast