Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Grant Morrison Made Member Of The British Empire By The Queen

Wrote the Book on Cool

Me and Garth Ennis pretty much agree: This about sums up Gaiman and his writting:
    Meta-Messages #4 | Comics Should Be Good! @ Comic Book Resources

(so yes, I think all you fellows who adore Gaiman must be in secret teen-age girls)

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mckracken View Post
    Me and Garth Ennis pretty much agree: This about sums up Gaiman and his writting:
    Meta-Messages #4 | Comics Should Be Good! @ Comic Book Resources

(so yes, I think all you fellows who adore Gaiman must be in secret teen-age girls)
    So you skipped the closing comment of the article (which comes as close to contradicting your point as Ennis comes to supporting it)?

"I don’t exactly get the precise connection of Gaiman to Anne Rice’s vampire novels (which make up the majority of the parody Ennis goes for in the issue), but for whatever reason Ennis chose to parody Gaiman a bit (and really, it’s quite a light parody – doesn’t appear to be malicious or anything like that), there it is."

So yes, do feel perfectly free to continue looking ridiculous. Just understand, that is all you're doing.

And in case anyone's interested in St. Swithin's Day here's a lovely review I wrote (if I do say so myself):
    Arion's Archaic Art: St. Swithin’s Day - Grant Morrison

Exceedingly Cool comicbookgrrrl's Avatar

I'm really chuffed for him. It's nice given a) his roots, b) his tiredness with being painted as some rebellious madman, c) his theory that you need to work within the system to have the influence to create change.

Plus it's a nice thing for comics too and it is the kind of thing that the mainstream press perks its ear up at (often before launching into the "have comics grown up?!!1 rhetoric but still).

That said, when Grant picks up his MBE at the Palace, I hope they'll be on alert for swearing Liverpudlians loitering with intent. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
    I thought Grant Morrison was a Member of the British Empire already? Isn't he a British citizen?
    No, there's no British Empire for him to be a member of, as we haven't had an empire for years. And there's some debate as to whether we're citizens or subjects of the Queen. But his award is membership of the The Most Excellent Order of the British Empire, at the lowest level, which is 'Member' (higher levels are Officer, Commander, Knight Commander and Knight Grand Cross).

Quote Originally Posted by comicbookgrrrl View Post
    his theory that you need to work within the system to have the influence to create change.
    As much as I like chapattack's King Mob imagery, I think you're spot on for why he'll accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Flair View Post
    No, there's no British Empire for him to be a member of, as we haven't had an empire for years.
    You could argue the common wealth is an Empire in and of itself although that's a boat that shouldn't be rocked
    Rich Flair likes this.
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Comicsfan101 View Post
    So you skipped the closing comment of the article (which comes as close to contradicting your point as Ennis comes to supporting it)?

"I don’t exactly get the precise connection of Gaiman to Anne Rice’s vampire novels (which make up the majority of the parody Ennis goes for in the issue), but for whatever reason Ennis chose to parody Gaiman a bit (and really, it’s quite a light parody – doesn’t appear to be malicious or anything like that), there it is."

So yes, do feel perfectly free to continue looking ridiculous. Just understand, that is all you're doing.
    sure that guy in the black leatherjacket with the glasses is not Gaiman, and their poet's circle is not called "wanker central".
    l'm contradicting myself. Kay.

comicsfan, sorry I called you a goth girl, it seems you're really an imbecile at heart.

Cooler Than The Other Side of the Pillow kingslayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Comicsfan101 View Post
    We actually seem to agree fairly often, as long as we stay away from certain issues. There are a few others here with whom I share the same ... rapport?
    I hope you don't count me as one with whom you share a rapport. I think you're a bit of a jerkwad.
    Comicsfan101 likes this.

Cooler Than The Other Side of the Pillow kingslayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drachenfells View Post
    Damm you CF1, you keep saying things that i agree with.
    I'll have none of this! I say you fight him. Fight! Fight! Fight!
    drachenfells and Comicsfan101 like this.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast