Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: The Infinity Gauntlet Is The Best Selling Graphic Novel On Amazon

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfist View Post
    does this mean movies have contributed to the sales of comics? Yes they're reprints of trades but it's something
    Movies ALWAYS help the sales of trades. Anyone that says movies don't help the sales of comics is an idiot. They just don't help comic shops and single issue sales, because guess what, most people don't even know they HAVE a local comic shop.
    Writer of Lightweight. Find out more at Super Powered Fiction and Metahuman Press.

I wonder if Starlin gets royalties for either Essential book. Hopefully he does for at least Infinity Gauntlet. It would be nice if Marvel had to pay him something for all the money they're making off his creation.
    Writer of Lightweight. Find out more at Super Powered Fiction and Metahuman Press.

Seattle (as immortalized by Public Image Limited)

Don't forget "YOU HAVE ANGERED ME AND SUMMONED ME TO YOU."
    "Two and two continue to make four, in spite of the whine of the amateur for three, or the cry of the critic for five." - James McNeill Whistler

VP in Charge of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Mike H. View Post
    C'mon. The entire Avengers movie was *obviously* just an excuse to get Thanos onscreen. <-- for people who don't recognize sarcasm when they read it
    I betcha Thanos was adopted.
    khuxford and ahlhelm like this.
    That's my new arm - I just grew it!

Seattle (as immortalized by Public Image Limited)

Uh oh. The "murdered their own mother" lobby is goona be pissed about the next flick.
    "Two and two continue to make four, in spite of the whine of the amateur for three, or the cry of the critic for five." - James McNeill Whistler

VP in Charge of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ahlhelm View Post
    I wonder if Starlin gets royalties for either Essential book. Hopefully he does for at least Infinity Gauntlet. It would be nice if Marvel had to pay him something for all the money they're making off his creation.
    If Starlin is getting a slice then it looks like the Kirby's should get a slice of that too for Thanos

"Kirby had done the New Gods, which I thought was terrific. He was over at DC at the time. I came up with some things that were inspired by that. You'd think that Thanos was inspired by Darkseid, but that was not the case when I showed up. In my first Thanos drawings, if he looked like anybody, it was Metron. I had all these different gods and things I wanted to do, which became Thanos and the Titans. Roy took one look at the guy in the Metron-like chair and said : "Beef him up! If you're going to steal one of the New Gods, at least rip off Darkseid, the really good one!" Comic Book Legends Revealed #266 | Comics Should Be Good! @ Comic Book Resources
    GreyMouser likes this.
    That's my new arm - I just grew it!

Quote Originally Posted by Locusmortis View Post
    If Starlin is getting a slice then it looks like the Kirby's should get a slice of that too for Thanos

"Kirby had done the New Gods, which I thought was terrific. He was over at DC at the time. I came up with some things that were inspired by that. You'd think that Thanos was inspired by Darkseid, but that was not the case when I showed up. In my first Thanos drawings, if he looked like anybody, it was Metron. I had all these different gods and things I wanted to do, which became Thanos and the Titans. Roy took one look at the guy in the Metron-like chair and said : "Beef him up! If you're going to steal one of the New Gods, at least rip off Darkseid, the really good one!" Comic Book Legends Revealed #266 | Comics Should Be Good! @ Comic Book Resources
    If Kirby's estate got a slice of every comic character inspired by his work they would own Marvel AND DC.
    RAGGEDT likes this.

Bleeding Cool

If Kirby's estate got a slice of every comic character inspired by his work they would own Marvel AND DC.
    There's inspired by and there's copying. Guess which one this is?

Quote Originally Posted by khuxford View Post
    There's inspired by and there's copying. Guess which one this is?
    Inspired by. Thanos does have a resemblance to Darkseid, but as characters they are very, very different.

Bleeding Cool

Inspired by. Thanos does have a resemblance to Darkseid, but as characters they are very, very different.
    Did you read the poster you previously quoted? Where Starlin started out copying one Kirby character and the editor told him, "if you're going to steal Kirby, at least steal Darkseid"?
    Blade X likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast