Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: And Finally... A Few Of Today's April Fools

Quote Originally Posted by The Xenos View Post
    Criterion Collection just announced their newest release
    Three Reasons: Kindergarten Cop - YouTube
    That would not even be close to the worst Criterion Collection movie.

Zen Master of Cool

As far as Little Nemo is concerned: Taschen published the complete Nemo 1905-1914 back in 2000, in a volume about the size of DC's Absolute editions. ISBN 3-8228-6300-9. As far as I recall the list price was somewhere between 50 and 75 US Dollars. Of course, a bigger volume might have done it more justice, and sprucing up the colours might help, too.

The Robotech one confuses me....it's dated as 2010, so it's not a new proposal...does the article (in spanish or something) say it's an older proposal recently found? What's the joke.

VP in Charge of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Knut Robert Knutsen View Post
    As far as Little Nemo is concerned: Taschen published the complete Nemo 1905-1914 back in 2000, in a volume about the size of DC's Absolute editions. ISBN 3-8228-6300-9. As far as I recall the list price was somewhere between 50 and 75 US Dollars. Of course, a bigger volume might have done it more justice, and sprucing up the colours might help, too.
    Yeah, it's going for around 60. If I'm going to spending that sort of money on a book it better be the best edition possible and bloody massive.

Cool

Unhappy Mine Got Ignored

I came up with a good April Fools Day post, but hardly anyone noticed. I know the day fell on a Sunday this year, but c'mon.

John Carter To Be Re-released As R-Rated Film | Mah Two Cents

Zen Master of Cool

Well, it is bloody massive, at 430 pages and "Absolute" sized. And the quality of the art/colours is pretty damn good for work from 1905-14. For the colour or linework to be better, we're talking about full digital restoration and recolouring. And to get a sufficiently larger size to justify the upscaling, we're talking about Artist Edition sizes. Preferrably Wally Wood Artist Edition sizes.

As I recall, they had a hard time getting shot of this (rather good) edition at that price. A better edition that truly showcases the artwork AND includes all 400+ pages could possibly turn into a 8-10 volume series of 100 dollar books (to justify the restoraqtion costs). And I doubt there's a market for that much. Maybe a 1-volume (50-100 page) sampler at such a large size would be marketable, because the artwork is really nice and it would be really nice to see a pristine version.

To be honest, aside from the sheer genius of the art, I found the storylines kind of boring and extremely repetitive, so it's attraction is as an art book.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12