Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By GreyMouser
  • 1 Post By ahlhelm

Thread: Getting Silly With The Talking X-O Manowar Poster

Administrator

Default Getting Silly With The Talking X-O Manowar Poster

This is the Valient promo for the talking X-O Manowar poster, that uses a QR Code to launch a video on an smartphone, becoming the mouth of the character;

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g8oHwNeYck[/youtube]

Drawn by Jelena Kevic-Djurdjevic, scripted by Robert Venditti and animated by Neal Adams' Continuity Studios. This is a video of it in action at the most recent ComicsPro - until Valiant asked Bleeding Cool to take it down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjXyNfUT-YM

This is me trying to do it with an iPad so that it looks rather silly.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLqU-DRBww4[/youtube]

And this is me trying to do it with an iPad on me so that it looks ever sillier.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5xdGkpHLSE[/youtube]

The posters will be sent out to comic stores imminently. Why not try it yourself?

?*

Banned

years of digging thru 25cent bins has etched into my brain that valiant is a trash publisher. just too many years of paper cuts on gimmick covers and loathing valiant as the crap i had to dig thru to get to the good stuff. i bet these new books will have potential, but i wish they would have changed the damn names (publisher, title, etc). its trained into my subconcious to avoid them, along with some others. And frankly, this poster thing just reminds me of the same gimmicky crap that made me sick of comics in the 90s.

sorry Valiant, nothing personal. just being honest.
    Last edited by GreyMouser; 02-27-2012 at 09:28 AM.
    die-yng likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyMouser View Post
    years of digging thru 25cent bins has etched into my brain that valiant is a trash publisher. just too many years of paper cuts on gimmick covers and loathing valiant as the crap i had to dig thru to get to the good stuff. i bet these new books will have potential, but i wish they would have changed the damn names (publisher, title, etc). its trained into my subconcious to avoid them, along with some others. And frankly, this poster thing just reminds me of the same gimmicky crap that made me sick of comics in the 90s.

sorry Valiant, nothing personal. just being honest.
    yeah, pretty much what he said!!

gnawing hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space

I liked some of the second try at Valiant, Quantum & Woody, Shadow Man, Trinity Angels & a few miniseries, but I never clicked with the old versions of the characters and I despise Gimmicks like that.

The art by Cary Nord looks amazing! I am glad they posted the colors now.
    I will be getting the QR variant. Cool concept!
    DAN

You know if they really want my interest, they really need to come out and give us a dang price.
    GreyMouser likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ahlhelm View Post
    You know if they really want my interest, they really need to come out and give us a dang price.
    Midtown Comics has it listed with a pre-order price of $2.59 ($3.99 cover). It will be an over-sized issue it sounds too.
    DAN

Banned

I was wondering what happened to Cary Nord! His run on Conan was pure genius. Sold!