Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By thekeith82

Thread: Dust To Dust - Jimmy Broxton's Final Words On Ashes

Administrator

Default Dust To Dust - Jimmy Broxton's Final Words On Ashes

Jimmy Broxton/James Hodgkins has written to Bleeding Cool, regarding Alex De Campi's statement on Kickstarter on the situation with the graphic novel Ashes.
    I have made my position clear and outlined the facts of this unfortunate situation. Alex has a wildly different interpretation of events, and says some very harsh things about me, things I naturally dispute. I have attempted to be calm, reasonable and professional, to draw a line under this, I'm accused of being abusive and of being a bully, I'm neither of those things, you will be the judge of who is telling the truth, if anybody cares enough, I will gladly make available all of the correspondence between myself and Alex. It speaks for itself. For now, I'm walking away from this, I have learnt a valuable lesson, I want to move on, and hopefully start work on new projects. I want to thank all who have shown support for the project, I sincerely hope you get to see Ashes at some point in the future, please keep your faith in Kickstarter, Alex and I dropped the ball here, not them, it remains a wonderful platform for supporting and funding creativity.
    However it looks less and less likely that there will be any Ashes revival now.

UPDATE: Alex De Campi has now tweeted "At this point I do not know if Ashes will continue. If no suitable artist is found by 14 Feb, project will be cancelled & all funds returned."

Dean of Cool University fredmanson's Avatar

[CENSORED]... How a very good idea and project is near to being canceled due to the ultra-dimensional egos of the main authors...

Consultant of Cool

I can't believe De Campi was lame enough to try and pull the "I'm a girl and the mean man made me cry" card without giving any specifics about anything other than her own feelings. Where is Dave Sim when you actually need him?

Quote Originally Posted by apoehler View Post
    I can't believe De Campi was lame enough to try and pull the "I'm a girl and the mean man made me cry" card without giving any specifics about anything other than her own feelings. Where is Dave Sim when you actually need him?
    Whu? Did you actually read anything she wrote except for the bit where she was honest about her feelings? They've both given about the same amount of detail and specifics in their accounts of the situation. As for which version of events is more true...well, we're probably never going to know. Not at all fair to minimise her account because she was emotionally honest, though.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by thekeith82 View Post
    As for which version of events is more true...well, we're probably never going to know.
    I suppose anyone who cared could check the email thread between them, as he's offered to make it public. Their stories differ so wildly, one of them must be outright lying.

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by OMAR View Post
    I suppose anyone who cared could check the email thread between them, as he's offered to make it public. Their stories differ so wildly, one of them must be outright lying.
    That's just another inconsistency with his position, IMO, though: his offer seems to be that ANYONE can get the info if they ask him. No limits. Yet he won't post it publicly. There doesn't seem to be any extra value to privacy given by making strangers have to ask for it, just a layer of deniability for him. "What? I did NOT forward him something that edited Alex's e-mails to make her look like a holocaust denier!"

Zen Master of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by apoehler View Post
    WTF? Did you even read her DETAILED account of everything she went through with him? She couldn't have been more specific as to what happened.

By the way, I e-mailed Jimmy, and as promised, he forwarded me all the emails. I can say with 100% certainty that if I released them, they would prove he did nothing wrong. Really.

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Adler View Post
    WTF? Did you even read her DETAILED account of everything she went through with him? She couldn't have been more specific as to what happened.

By the way, I e-mailed Jimmy, and as promised, he forwarded me all the emails. I can say with 100% certainty that if I released them, they would prove he did nothing wrong. Really.
    Really?????????

Zen Master of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by khuxford View Post
    Really?????????
    What, you mean it isn't enough to just say you have the goods, you have to actually show them?

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Adler View Post
    What, you mean it isn't enough to just say you have the goods, you have to actually show them?
    Well, now that you put it that way, I feel silly for asking...

(and all the ??? were to meet the character requirements before)