Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "I'm Phoenix Jones": Real Life Superhero Unmasks, Reveals Identity, Vows To Keep Fighting Crime

Robot for Front Page Blog Posts

Default "I'm Phoenix Jones": Real Life Superhero Unmasks, Reveals Identity, Vows To Keep Fighting Crime

Earlier this week, Bleeding Cool showed you video of a conflict on the streets of Seattle which led to assault charges for Phoenix Jones, even though the video appeared to show that Jones was in fact breaking up a fight as he had claimed.

Now, the saga of the world's best-known Real Life Superhero has taken another interesting twist, as Phoenix Jones unmasked in front of cameras after appearing in court to answer the charges, and revealed his identity on camera as Ben Fodor. As procecutors delayed a decision about whether to file the assault charges, Fodor announced he would continue to patrol the streets as Phoenix Jones.
    "I'm Phoenix Jones. I'm also Ben Fodor. I'm a father. I'm also a brother. I'm just like everyone else. The only difference is, I decided to make a difference and stop crime in my neighborhood and my area," said Fodor.

The 23-year-old was accused of assaulting several people outside a nightclub early Sunday morning, but no charges were filed in Thursday's hearing when prosecutors told a judge they would need more time to decide whether to file charges in the case.

"The charges were false. The video shows that, the court hearing shows that. And I'm going to continue to do what I've always done and if you want to help me in any way, send me a message. Find me on Facebook," said Fodor.

He invited the public to accompany him on a "patrol" in Seattle on Saturday at 10 p.m. at First and Pike, and then in true superhero fashion, he signed off by saying, "I'll be on the streets."

Dean of Cool University CammyKnoxville's Avatar

So he's Pro-Registration, right?

Where's Mephisto when you need him?

Dean of Cool University

He forgot the "and I have a dumb haircut..."

Sorry, but that hair just looks goofy.

Dean of Cool University CammyKnoxville's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
    He forgot the "and I have a dumb haircut..."

Sorry, but that hair just looks goofy.
    I now know who his arch enemy is; The Barber!

Dean of Cool University MWEDMER's Avatar

I always wondered what became of Kid from Kid and Play.

Cool

I say it's an homage to the 80's-era Sienkiewicz-drawn hairstyles in New Mutants!

Seriously, though, regardless of his presentation, Phoenix is one thing this country needs more of. Don't jump to conclusions on this guy until you read more about his methodology and tactics. He's totally within the law, and his proactive stance has actually influenced improvements in how the Seattle PD handles their own logistics and patrols (read as: he finds and intervenes in more crimes than the cops in the same area...).

Wrote the Book on Cool evilwilma's Avatar

Default Oh, my head.....

That HAIR!

I would totally grow my hair out like that, were I not balding.

Quote Originally Posted by MWEDMER View Post
    I always wondered what became of Kid from Kid and Play.
    ...Dammit! Stop stealing my lines! That being said:

...And if the sight of Donny Dacus wasn't enough to make you hurl:

...Gah. I exceeded my own low that time. I'll see you all later:

Last edited by _OM_; 10-14-2011 at 10:53 AM.
    -------

Consultant of Cool

The hair is the source of his strength, giving him the proportionate strength of a strapping 23 yrd old man!

I bet Tony Stark bullied him into unmasking like that.

But, seriously, that really was like a scene from Civil War or something. And more power to him, he stays within the law (Idon't think I'd have shown as much restraint as he did in the video where he was attacked by the girl with the stileeto shoe!), and I just plain agree with everything he does.

And I think the hair looks cool.

PS: How long before Marvel enter into a licensing deal with him...?
    "Flippin' 'eck, Tucker!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast