Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Does The T Grade Mean For DC Comics?

Blog Editing Robot BC Blog Editor's Avatar

Default What Does The T Grade Mean For DC Comics?

A little while ago, DC Comics dropped what was left of the Comics Code to publish titles under their own internal code applied. Okay, so we've done Catwoman #1. Very much what DC calls a T+ title, I think. But there seems to be a little uncertainty or consistency over what exactly makes a T and what makes a T+ these days... let's see what DC actually say.
    E EVERYONE Appropriate for readers of all ages. May contain cartoon violence and/or some comic mischief.

T TEEN Appropriate for readers age 12 and older. May contain mild violence, language and/or suggestive themes.

T+ TEEN PLUS Appropriate for readers age 16 and older. May contain moderate violence, mild profanity, graphic imagery and/or suggestive themes.

M MATURE Appropriate for readers age 18 and older. May contain intense violence, extensive profanity, nudity, sexual themes and other content suitable only for older readers.
    There are no E or M titles in the relaunched DC Universe titles. But here are some images from "T" books, you know, the ones with mild violence and mild suggestive themes...

I know ink doesn't come off of the fingers any more... but still. Icky.

Zen Master of Cool

Lol, I can't wait to see whats in the soon to be M -rated titles.

From which story is that crap with the horses?

気持ち悪い

Banned

Beheadings, dismemberment, sadistic torture: perfect for the average 6th grade psychopath. What's the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    wonder woman. evil centors
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

At a guess?

Wonder Woman.

The only ones I don't have a problem with are the Red Hood ones. The first one doesn't seem to have anything all that bad (unless there are burning bodies I'm not seeing, which I admit is possible).

The second one...meh. It's a bit frank, but it's also a woman (an alien woman, but a woman nonetheless) taking ownership of her sexuality. Not the worst message to teens.
    "If you find 'I think you're wrong' offensive, there's not much I can tell you. Except that you are, in fact, wrong."
    Reminder: There are roughly 313,000,000 people in the United States. There are roughly 2,000 Direct Market Comic Shops in the United States. That means there is 1 comic shop for every 156,500 people in America.
    Free Entertainment: JoePanc l The Canny Cthulhu Holmes l 24
    Paid Entertainment: Though My Chains Be Forged

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfist View Post
    wonder woman. evil centors
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe B. Pangrazio View Post
    The second one...meh. It's a bit frank, but it's also a woman (an alien woman, but a woman nonetheless) taking ownership of her sexuality. Not the worst message to teens.
    One one hand, yes. On the other hand it could we seen as "It's good to sleep around. Do it as often as you can. Be a slut!".

気持ち悪い

Wrote the Book on Cool

What do you expect from Geoff John's DC? The guy loves with mutilations and now that he's effectively made over the DCU as he sees fit, it's a free-for-all -- not just Teen Titans getting decapitated and sliced in half this time!

I kid. But still, seriously... the fuck, DC? The fuck?

(Per the guidelines, this post has been rated T for mild language)

Have a good day.
    John Cage

Thanks.
    yeah, that's how they're born. your welcome

One one hand, yes. On the other hand it could we seen as "It's good to sleep around. Do it as often as you can. Be a slut!".
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

Consultant of Cool Benjamin1345's Avatar

That's only if you agree that sleeping around makes you a slut.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast