We've threatened it and threatened it.
Thursday 08th November (and every other Thursday thereafter - attendance willing) we'll try to have a few beers, and *try* to talk about the weeks comics, and other guff.
What the hell, frankly it's good to put faces (or faeces) to names, and perhaps learn to be a little nicer to all and sundry!
All are welcome, I'm Mad_Man_Moon, I have my picture in my profile, and that beard is usually on.
We'll aim for post work. We'll aim for a Sam Smiths, or (hopefully more) acceptable pub. As yet to be confirmed, but reasonably central.
I'll start (and link) a thread and calendar event for this, provide attendance in the thread for now, unless the Forum Events tool allows 'attendance'.
See you there, where-ever that is (will try to find out by Saturday 03rd).
Ooh, I'll always leave out a comic (probably my 'reading' copy of Spider-Man #1, or Sensational Spider-Man Annual) as a place marker.
Calendar - http://www.bleedingcool.com/forums/c...&day=2012-11-8
Attendance (Thurs 22 Nov) at The Whitsheaf (gmap)
Ian CokeNot Attending:
- HUB - gmap - The George Inn - LDN Bridge - Large, good food, only decent Greene King pub I know.
- HUB - gmap - Shaker & Company - Euston - If we're abolishing worrying about price, this gets my vote. Great food, good beers (well kept), and actual, honest to goodness cocktails. And it's *not* that dear when you compare to similar fare.
- HUB - gmap - The Harrison - Kings X - A webspin away from King's X
- HUB - gmap - The Prince Arthur - Euston - Small, good grub.
- NON - gmap - The Jerusalem Tavern - Farringdon - Tiny, not difficult to get to, best pub in central london.
- NON - gmap - The Pembury Tavern - E. LDN - Big, completely out of the way.
- NON - gmap - The Whitsheaf - Oxf. St./Ttm. Crt. Rd. - Smallish, not too busy, WiFi.