Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Biweekly Bleeding Beers - LDN - Alt Thursdays

Cool Biweekly Bleeding Beers - LDN - Alt Thursdays

We've threatened it and threatened it.

Thursday 08th November (and every other Thursday thereafter - attendance willing) we'll try to have a few beers, and *try* to talk about the weeks comics, and other guff.

What the hell, frankly it's good to put faces (or faeces) to names, and perhaps learn to be a little nicer to all and sundry!

Beer O'Clock.

All are welcome, I'm Mad_Man_Moon, I have my picture in my profile, and that beard is usually on.

We'll aim for post work. We'll aim for a Sam Smiths, or (hopefully more) acceptable pub. As yet to be confirmed, but reasonably central.

I'll start (and link) a thread and calendar event for this, provide attendance in the thread for now, unless the Forum Events tool allows 'attendance'.

See you there, where-ever that is (will try to find out by Saturday 03rd).

Ooh, I'll always leave out a comic (probably my 'reading' copy of Spider-Man #1, or Sensational Spider-Man Annual) as a place marker.
    Our flag.

Best
    M_M_M

Calendar - http://www.bleedingcool.com/forums/c...&day=2012-11-8

Attendance (Thurs 22 Nov) at The Whitsheaf (gmap)

Attending:
    Mad_Man_Moon
    Fysh
    Eyemelt
    Maybe:
    drachenfells
    Ian Coke
    Not Attending:
    everyone else

Pub List:
    1. HUB - gmap - The George Inn - LDN Bridge - Large, good food, only decent Greene King pub I know.
    2. HUB - gmap - Shaker & Company - Euston - If we're abolishing worrying about price, this gets my vote. Great food, good beers (well kept), and actual, honest to goodness cocktails. And it's *not* that dear when you compare to similar fare.
    3. HUB - gmap - The Harrison - Kings X - A webspin away from King's X
    4. HUB - gmap - The Prince Arthur - Euston - Small, good grub.
    5. NON - gmap - The Jerusalem Tavern - Farringdon - Tiny, not difficult to get to, best pub in central london.
    6. NON - gmap - The Pembury Tavern - E. LDN - Big, completely out of the way.
    7. NON - gmap - The Whitsheaf - Oxf. St./Ttm. Crt. Rd. - Smallish, not too busy, WiFi.

Captain Cool

Put me down as a "will try and make it"

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by drachenfells View Post
    Put me down as a "will try and make it"
    Me too. But ideally not a Samael Smith's pub - the beer's cheap, sure, but you do tend to pay for a night on that stuff next morning.

I was thinking of taking a vacation to London sometime at the end of next summer, so if you're still doing this then. . .

Roger that.

I'm trying to find a geek friendly place, where I won't (because I'm a dick like this) feel embarrassed saying how cool such and such's She-Hulk is, then hurriedly changing to a deeper, moahr lahndahn voice, inexplicably starting to whinge about how fahkin' shit (oh and he is *not* Arsenal material) Aaron fahkin' Rahmsee is.

IE - Mad_Man_Moon tries not to talk about stuff that breaks eye contact with the pretty girl (faster than usual) in the generic pubs.

Oh, and Ian, Sam Smiths was nominal, only due to the fact that it's cheaper than the rest. I do recall a geek pub in E.LDN which had Star Trek carpets ... even went to a halloween there once ... tentacle hentai on the big screen ... errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Joe, I hope we are still doing this.

It will definitely always be a best endeavours thing. But if we can have it rolling as a something, then there's more chance that Bleeders will ... er ... bleed ... together?

UGH ... the rapid spread of blood related disease starts here.

Any London based little bleeders, I attend the London Santacon annually should any of you be at a loose end that weekend!
    Warning, the above post may contain traces of sarcasm, or have been written in an environment where it may have come into contact with sarcasm.

My name is Steven Tudor, nice to meet you.

Bring back signatures!!!!!!!

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by toodoor View Post
    Any London based little bleeders, I attend the London Santacon annually should any of you be at a loose end that weekend!
    Do you and the other Santas tie a few on, then hit the Soho fleshpots in grand style?

'I'm Fadder feckin' Chrimbo, the lorra yers!', in search of love, understanding or at least a discount at Spearmint Rhino? Or some other such , perhaps less financially demanding, establishment?

If so, what finer a way to spend an evening? It's for the kids after all, isn't it, really? The pressures you guys are under.
    Last edited by Ian Coke; 11-01-2012 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Coke View Post
    Do you and the other Santas tie a few on, then hit the Soho fleshpots in grand style?

'I'm Fadder feckin' Chrimbo, the lorra yers!', in search of love, understanding or at least a discount at Spearmint Rhino? Or some other such , perhaps less financially demanding, establishment?

If so, what finer a way to spend an evening? It's for the kids after all, isn't it, really? The pressures you guys are under.
    Are you having some kind of breakdown this week Ian?
    Warning, the above post may contain traces of sarcasm, or have been written in an environment where it may have come into contact with sarcasm.

My name is Steven Tudor, nice to meet you.

Bring back signatures!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by toodoor View Post
    Are you having some kind of breakdown this week Ian?
    Not seeing it.

Anyway, if you could mix it up and make a Saville Santa ... It could win best costume ever.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast