Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Biweekly Bleeding Beers - LDN - Alt Thursdays

really doing my best billy no-mates impression here.

not to worry too much, but just thought I'd say something else, in case one of you checks here.
    comic on the (big) table, tablet (laptop'd up) being typed on, black jumper, weirdy-beardy in the furthest, far corner of the bar.

Review | Random | Smile | Pic

M_M_M IS CURRENTLY OUT OF THE FUCKING OFFICE

KINDLY LEAVE A MESSAGE AFTER THE BEEP

THE BEEP IS CENSORING THE SWEAR M_M_M IS CALLING YOU FOR TRYING TO DISTURB HIS HOLIBOB

Fysh turned up.
    I'm *slightly* less of a loser now.

THE BEEP IS CENSORING THE SWEAR M_M_M IS CALLING YOU FOR TRYING TO DISTURB HIS HOLIBOB

Damn! We went! I got 2 of my buddies to show as well! It was pretty busy and we ended up having a nice time chatting shit anyway. I had a Spidey shirt on, and we were waving comics around! I need to prepare a bit better next time. My phone is a Nokia circa 1940 so no updates! Nice almost meeting you guys, next time for sure!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://eyemelt.blogspot.com/

Argh, Eyemelt! I told you guys what to look for and where I was ... DAGNAMNIT.

Yeah, but in all seriousness: I set up what to look for in advance, because ...
    1. I was there from about 1545.
    2. No-one is going to approach complete strangers that *might* be internerds that you know.
    3. I'm trying to set a standard.

Not to worry, though. Want to see you in two weeks time!

We'll be doing the Whitsheaf in two week's time.
    I'll try to hook up a nice table, maybe they'll let me reserve one, we'll see.

I'll have the Sensational Spider-Man annual out again (as long as Fysh remembers to bring it back ).

not meaning to sound harsh!

please come again!

Ha! Everywhere I looked there were guys with beards! And everyone else there looked like Statler and Waldorf.

We were sat outside- I know you guys were supposed to be inside, but you saw how busy that place was- we thought it might thin out a bit before we looked around again, next thing you know it's everyone's hometime! Nice pub though, I haven't been before, and there were so many little rooms and things to (try to) explore.

The Wheatsheaf is in the diary (22nd I believe?) I won't screw up this time! I will get there about 7 I think, and will try and bring some like-minded nerds along. I hope you guys had a good time at least? Our conversation did actually turn to the last week's comics. Which was nice.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://eyemelt.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Man_Moon View Post
    Fysh turned up.
    I'm *slightly* less of a loser now.
    I'd have thought that would make it worse
    Warning, the above post may contain traces of sarcasm, or have been written in an environment where it may have come into contact with sarcasm.

My name is Steven Tudor, nice to meet you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyemelt View Post
    Ha! Everywhere I looked there were guys with beards! And everyone else there looked like Statler and Waldorf.

We were sat outside- I know you guys were supposed to be inside, but you saw how busy that place was- we thought it might thin out a bit before we looked around again, next thing you know it's everyone's hometime! Nice pub though, I haven't been before, and there were so many little rooms and things to (try to) explore.

The Wheatsheaf is in the diary (22nd I believe?) I won't screw up this time! I will get there about 7 I think, and will try and bring some like-minded nerds along. I hope you guys had a good time at least? Our conversation did actually turn to the last week's comics. Which was nice.
    It's cool.
    We barely talked about recent stuff as Fysh has gone decidedly off the mainstream weekly/monthlies, and I've dropped everything ... completely.

Forum politics did come up, though

And Roo sent through a HALLO!

Right.
    We're still on for Thursday, yes?

Because if you two (or more!) are out, then I'll go to a local beer festival down saaaaff lahndahn.

I can't do this week due to Terminal Funding Failure AKA Thought Bubble Was Last Weekend And I'm Broke. (Also, I need time to read through my modest-compared-to-other-years haul, as well as the still-terrifyingly-large heap of stuff I brought back from Belgium...) Next time, though.

Also, I had a read of that Spider-Man Annual - it was pretty good and nicely standalone, but there's no hope in hell I would've paid 2.85 for the privilege of reading it. Which sums up my stance on even the good monthly stuff from Marvel & DC.

Also also - the new sub sub sub sub forum makes it look like Rich & Mark really want to hide our social activities...clearly we're embarassing them
    When in doubt, "Try not to be a dick" is usually a good place to start.
    The infrequently-updated Euro comics thread || Small Press Reviews thread||Random Chat thread

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast