Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Biweekly Bleeding Beers - LDN - Alt Thursdays

OK, it's going to be the George Inn:

(only cause I didn't hear preference)

I'll update the main post, and I'm not going to say this is weekly anymore, let's go bi-weekly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Man_Moon View Post
    Right.

Pub voting.

I'm going to go for pubs near hubs (HUB), or (where possible) a geek friendly pub (GFP). This makes it easy to migrate.

1. HUB - gmap - The George Inn - LDN Bridge - Large, good food, only decent Greene King pub I know.
    2. HUB - gmap - Shaker & Company - Euston - If we're abolishing worrying about price, this gets my vote. Great food, good beers (well kept), and actual, honest to goodness cocktails. And it's *not* that dear when you compare to similar fare.
    3. HUB - gmap - The Harrison - Kings X - A webspin away from King's X
    4. HUB - gmap - The Prince Arthur - Euston - Small, good grub.
    5. NON - gmap - The Jerusalem Tavern - Farringdon - Tiny, not difficult to get to, best pub in central london.
    6. NON - gmap - The Pembury Tavern - E. LDN - Big, completely out of the way.

For what it's worth, I've also left a note with this blogger to see if she knows anything.

Review | Random | Smile | Pic

M_M_M IS CURRENTLY OUT OF THE FUCKING OFFICE

KINDLY LEAVE A MESSAGE AFTER THE BEEP

THE BEEP IS CENSORING THE SWEAR M_M_M IS CALLING YOU FOR TRYING TO DISTURB HIS HOLIBOB

I'm in. Wont moan about the pub either (only just noticed this thread and it seems unfair to demand a change when beers are tomorrow). I will say good things about the Wheatsheaf on Rathbone Place - near tottenham ct road and oxford street , decent and reasonably priced beers, and reasonably geek friendly as far as I can tell.
    When in doubt, "Try not to be a dick" is usually a good place to start.
    The infrequently-updated Euro comics thread || Small Press Reviews thread||Random Chat thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fysh View Post
    I'm in. Wont moan about the pub either (only just noticed this thread and it seems unfair to demand a change when beers are tomorrow). I will say good things about the Wheatsheaf on Rathbone Place - near tottenham ct road and oxford street , decent and reasonably priced beers, and reasonably geek friendly as far as I can tell.
    Noted for next time ...

THE BEEP IS CENSORING THE SWEAR M_M_M IS CALLING YOU FOR TRYING TO DISTURB HIS HOLIBOB

Noted for next time ...
    It's a really nice little pub and pretty handy for transport. (I should also note that my not-moan about The George was in jest; I'm not sure that came across particularly well...)

Anyway, yes. Beer Good, etc. I probably won't be out very late, but be there I shall.
    The infrequently-updated Euro comics thread || Small Press Reviews thread||Random Chat thread

I only just spotted this thread, but gonna try and make it. Glad you didn't pick the Jerusalem- I was there last Thursday and it was rammed. All Belgian beers, very nice but very expensive. I'll wear suitable nerd garb.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://eyemelt.blogspot.com/

Fysh, I know The Wheatsheaf! (gmap) spent a few afternoons hiding in there from the horribleness that lurks on Oxford St.
    They have (bad) food, WiFi, sometimes comedy, and it's easy to find.

We'll do the next one there.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyemelt View Post
    I only just spotted this thread, but gonna try and make it. Glad you didn't pick the Jerusalem- I was there last Thursday and it was rammed. All Belgian beers, very nice but very expensive. I'll wear suitable nerd garb.
    It does get rammed, lawyers and creatives, but ... buuuttttt, they have fabulous St. Peters Beers (Ales) on the back wall. All kept immaculately.

Anyway, will be good to meet you, 'melt.
    Yeah, I will try to be at The George, today, before 1700 to get a nice spot.
    Probably inside.

Fysh, I know The Wheatsheaf! (gmap) spent a few afternoons hiding in there from the horribleness that lurks on Oxford St.
    They have (bad) food, WiFi, sometimes comedy, and it's easy to find.

We'll do the next one there.
    Cool. The Royal George round the corner from Foyles on Charing Cross Road is another good one for mid-week, good selection of beers and decent enough food. Although at this point I'm starting to feel like I'm teaching my grandmother to suck eggs...

It does get rammed, lawyers and creatives, but ... buuuttttt, they have fabulous St. Peters Beers (Ales) on the back wall. All kept immaculately.

Anyway, will be good to meet you, 'melt.
    Yeah, I will try to be at The George, today, before 1700 to get a nice spot.
    Probably inside.
    I'll probably be there around 6 or so, assuming I don't get lost trying to find the place...

Quote Originally Posted by Fysh View Post
    Cool. The Royal George round the corner from Foyles on Charing Cross Road is another good one for mid-week, good selection of beers and decent enough food. Although at this point I'm starting to feel like I'm teaching my grandmother to suck eggs...

I'll probably be there around 6 or so, assuming I don't get lost trying to find the place...
    Good, give me time to finish up that 'Shadowman' review that is LAAAATE!

Good, give me time to finish up that 'Shadowman' review that is LAAAATE!
    Heh, I appear to have promised to read and review the new Strumpet comic that's launching tomorrow...but I havent read it yet. And it's only 92 pages...ah well

oh, and I'm in the furthest corner of the pub.
    black jumper, white shirt underneath.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast