Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Deathmatch Death Draft Central

Default Deathmatch Death Draft Central

32 Were Chosen. 31 Will Die.

This December, BOOM! Studios brings you an all-original, dark, psychological deconstruction of the superhero genre in the vein of IRREDEEMABLE and INCORRUPTIBLE with - DEATHMATCH!

A powerful and mysterious supervillain has imprisoned the world's greatest superheroes, forcing them to fight to the death until there is but one victor. It's kill or be killed as we settle the score on all those hypothetical superhero match-ups in this new ongoing series by Paul Jenkins (SENTRY, INHUMANS) and artist Carlos Magno (PLANET OF THE APES) with covers by Whilce Portacio (WETWORKS, INCREDIBLE HULK). The first full issue is just $1 and will be in stores on December 26th!

Here's How It Works:

We will spotlight DEATHMATCH and each individual character, in conjunction with BOOM! Studios. Characters will be introduced through profile page entries detailing their histories, powers, origins and other key pieces of information. Then, each month, prior to the new issue coming out, we will reveal the primary deathmatch along with profiles of the two participating characters with their key characteristic and powers. Fans will be able to post their predictions for the winner of the deathmatch on our message board, at that time. If you correctly predict the outcome of every deathmatch throughout the course of the series, you will be rewarded with a truly exclusive item at the end of the series (along with your favorite comic shop).

Here's How You Can Participate at Your Local Comic Shop:

Participating DEATHMATCH DEATH DRAFT retailers (check to see if your store is participating) will receive a DEATHMATCH promo kit along with the first issue. As part of this promo kit, you’ll be able to get an 11" x 17" poster featuring the stunning gatefold Carlos Magno incentive cover art from issue #1 on one side and a blank tournament bracket on the other. As the series comes out, you can fill in your predictions or track the results on this unique memento. Particpating retailers will also have access to order the exclusive "Pre-Order Morgue" variant cover. These "Pre-Order Morgue" variants will feature the character killed in the deathmatch of that issue and are sure to be sought-after chase items. Check with your local comic shop to see if and how they are participating in the DEATHMATCH DEATH DRAFT and get in on the action!

Post Your Comments Below On Who YOU Think Will Win!
    This is another test.

Cool

Default Omni-Engine best so far.

I like Omni-Engine's back story the best (so far) and will be rooting for him. However, is there some sort of law where philanthropist inventors wearing armor must have black hair and a goatee?

Cool

Default DeathMatch is awesome

I like all of the characters Paul Jenkins can create good superhero stories where he can make the powers and integrate them into the story. But i like Manchurian and Omni-Engine

Can you "retrofit" a person? I think that is incorrect. You can later retrofit his armour, but not the actual man.

Cool

Both Dragonfly and Fallout Man are awesome

All these characters so far seem pretty lame.
    die-yng likes this.
    I'm now doing weekly comic reviews for Fanboybuzz.com and be sure check out my blog @ thecomicsbleed.com.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by darkspark View Post
    All these characters so far seem pretty lame.
    I have to agree. Many of the characters seem to be direct knock-offs of established properties. Manchurian = Amadeus Cho, The Rat = Rorschach, Omni-Engine = Iron Man, Fallout Man = Radioactive Man, Mr. Chuckles = Joker, etc. I know it can't be easy to create an entire universe from scratch, but I expected more from Mr. Jenkins.

Exceedingly Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Assemble! View Post
    Many of the characters seem to be direct knock-offs of established properties...
    If it works for Millar, why shouldn't it work for Jenkins?

Exceedingly Cool

Killing ****** like that wasn't the biggest shock in the world, but I do wonder if the whole Avenger Arena is taking place in a holodeck, so it'll turn out he's still alive. Since when has Arcade been able to take hits like that?
    Last edited by NickPheas; 12-14-2012 at 01:12 AM.

Exceedingly Cool

Oh, sorry. Easy to confuse the different Battle Royale knock offs.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast