Thread: Boom! Spins Off New Adventure Time Comic - Marceline And The Scream Queens #1 by Meredith Gran

Administrator

Default Boom! Spins Off New Adventure Time Comic - Marceline And The Scream Queens #1 by Meredith Gran

Adventure Time has been a real boon for Boom! Studios, burning through multiple prints in stores and being a solid seller at conventions, as new viewers of the TV show discover the monthly comic. And love it!

And now they have more to discover. In July, Boom! are publishing a new Adventure Time mini-series called Adventure Time: Marceline And The Scream Queens.

And what's more, it's written and drawn by Octopus Pie's amazing Meredith Gran.

It also has a backup by Koko Be Good's Jen Wang with variant covers by Chynna Clugston, Lucy Knisley, Ming Doyle and Colleen Coover. That's one a hell of an A-list credit list.

Here's the solicit...
    Thanks to a newfound interest in music, Princess Bubblegum joins Marceline?s paranormal rock band for a tour across the land of Ooo! But when they?re threatened by everything from scenesters to beasts born of self-doubt, can they make it to the RADDEST GIG EVER in time?!

Phonogram meets Adventure Time! My wife will have to have this book because she adores those characters. I think it is great that Boom is going after so many small press and indy talent to work on what is basically a licensed work for hire comic. It helps to keep the quirky vibe that the show has and the quality is several times what people normally see in the average licensed "cartoon" comic book. It reminds me of some of the classic Dell work done by real "gems" in the studio artist lineup like Carl Barks, Walt Kelly, or John Stanley.
    Surgeon General Warning! Sigs are bad for your health!

Consultant of Cool

I love Adventure Time. I love Meredith Gran. I think this is what ecstasy feels like.

Consultant of Cool

Those of you who bemoan the lack of comics for kids, BUY THE HELL OUT OF THIS DAMN BOOK!

Cool

I was at Emerald City Comicon and got a sketch cover from the boom people. When I requested to have Princess Bubblegum and Marceline guitar battling on the cover I received a good amount of giggling from the crew. They said Funny how you would request that. Now I know why.