Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kieron Gillen's Uber From Avatar - Some Very Nazi Superheroes

Administrator

Default Kieron Gillen's Uber From Avatar - Some Very Nazi Superheroes

We've already talked about Kieron Gillen's Heat, a planned six-issue sci-fi mini-series for Avatar, about the policing of Mercury, that has yet to see print. But I also heard Kieron talk about what he referred to as Avatar Project Two.

Well this appears to be that, getting out of the gates first.

Drawn by Canaan White, Uber is a new monthly title from Avatar set in Germany, 1945, as the Nazis prepare to release their last ditch attempt at saving themselves from certain defeat.

Superheroes.

And they are about to rewrite history.

The first "zero" issue of Uber is out in April, a 48 page comic for $3.99

Wrote the Book on Cool

AHHH! Mercury! I have been waiting for that for a few years now. What is the hold up?!?!?

It's ber. With an .

And great - another comic book were Diamond will cream their pants and not ship it to Germany because it could lead to problems with customs (well as long as they don't ship it to Bavaria there should be no problems).

気持ち悪い

Zen Master of Cool The Valeyard's Avatar

Oh. This looks awesome! I can't wait!

I'm in.....the Mercury book sounds interesting too.

gnawing hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space

Great, another comic that shows Germans as nothing but Nazi-monsters! It's so nice to see that more than 60 years after the end of WWII that still seems to be the only thing comic writers can come up with.
    For once I would like to see Germany or Germans portrayed positively in a comicbook, perhaps even in present time instead of WWII, not just used as a convenient source for murdering megalomaniacs and genocidal WWII super-villains.

I think a lot of people in comics have a sort of fetish for the Nazi uniforms.
    PLEASE CONSIDER putting SilverSmurfer on ignore due to his factually incorrect and hysteric claim that "Uber" is a "historically revisionist nazi fantasy," and that we should boycott Avatar for it.
    Thank you for your Considerations.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    We've already talked about Kieron Gillen's Heat, a planned six-issue sci-fi mini-series for Avatar, about the policing of Mercury
    Speaking of Mercury, I almost forgot about Anna Mercury. How could I do that? How's that coming along Warren, William, Mark, Facundo, etc?

Zen Master of Cool NielsVanEekelen's Avatar

WWII era superheroes--long been kinda tired of those. Bit this is Gillen, so... bring it on!
    FULCRUM: An ongoing fantasy saga by Niels van Eekelen, out now on Kindle and Smashwords in all e-book formats, or start reading for FREE on TelltaleProductions.nl

"Blitzkrieg Cover Edition". Stay classy, guys. Not a swastika in sight on any of the covers, guess that's how they're hoping to get it into Germany.

Where's the Sexy Nude Nazi variant, by the way?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast